Can we import sport hunted trophies to Mexico?

Kowalski

Reaction score
I have been curious about this for years and was wondering if anyone may have insight on this. I am an American citizen but was wondering if I could import trophies to Mexico? I live in a border state and go down often and would love to have an investment property down there. Since it seems it is getting harder and harder to get USFWS to work with us was wondering if this could be a way to do it. Or if there are any other countries that could work to do this or where I can find this info.

I have had others propose the same idea. I am sure it can be done for a price. Everything in México can be done for a price.

Am sure there is, friends of mine from NM have a place in Ontario (yes i know different ends of the US) but they were able to get their Polar Bear to their hunting cabin/lodge delivered to Ontario due to it not being allowed in the US

I have been curious about this for years and was wondering if anyone may have insight on this. I am an American citizen but was wondering if I could import trophies to Mexico? I live in a border state and go down often and would love to have an investment property down there. Since it seems it is getting harder and harder to get USFWS to work with us was wondering if this could be a way to do it. Or if there are any other countries that could work to do this or where I can find this info.
Wasn’t aware foreigners could buy land in MX? Complex trusts and joint partnership?

anyway, in Mex for the right bribe you can import anything you want. Bribes also required to have them legally import things the law plainly say are legal. A Mex was at camp with me in Zim and explained the fortune he spends to compel the officials to do their legal duties, save nothing for what you’d spend to do something shady. Actually, probably same bribe either way.

Wasn’t aware foreigners could buy land in MX? Complex trusts and joint partnership? . . .

The legal restrictions of foreigners buying property only applies to beach front. But from what I am hearing is the restriction is no longer enforced.

Wasn’t aware foreigners could buy land in MX? Complex trusts and joint partnership?

anyway, in Mex for the right bribe you can import anything you want. Bribes also required to have them legally import things the law plainly say are legal. A Mex was at camp with me in Zim and explained the fortune he spends to compel the officials to do their legal duties, save nothing for what you’d spend to do something shady. Actually, probably same bribe either way.
I believe that unfortunately that is a fact of life down there. Do you remember what species he was able to bring back? I would absolutely love to do an elephant hunt in Zim just not until there is certainty I could bring the ivory back with me.

My former boss retired in 2000. He and his wife bought a winter retirement home in Cabo/La Paz/ area in a gated community on a golf course, a few minutes drive to the beach by golf cart. The community is almost entirely American snow birders. When he purchased it I believe he used an American real estate agency that operates down there. They have lived there from Nov-March for the last 20 years, RV ing back to Alaska every summer. He passed away last February and his wife continues to live there and plans to live there as long as she can.

I believe that unfortunately that is a fact of life down there. Do you remember what species he was able to bring back? I would absolutely love to do an elephant hunt in Zim just not until there is certainty I could bring the ivory back with me.
I'm pretty sure you can import more things into mexico than the US. African animal such as the black faced impala, brown hyena, Cheetah, and couple others can't legally be imported in to the US, but you can legally import them to canada or mexico.

I don't know about Mexico but a friend in Costa Rica said it cost him a small fortune to get trophies imported from Africa. That was just so.e plains game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianneMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.