CAMEROON: Has Anyone Hunted With Ganam ADVT & Arnaud Mermet?

khharris

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, SCI, NRA, CCA, Quail Coalition
Hunted
Tanzania, Mozambique, Namibia, Zim, South Africa
Just curious but does anyone know anything about this guy, his concession in Cameroon or the company? Hadn’t ever heard of them before and was wanting to see if anyone knew anything good, bad or ugly on him/them. Thanks for the help.

Hunter

So, you are thinking of bidding in the DSC Auction?

Arnaud Mermet and Ganam Adventures invites one hunter to Cameroon for a 12-day 1x1 guided Lord Derby eland, roan, or Western Savanna buffalo hunt - trophy fees are at winner's cost. The hunting concession spans 115,000 hectares (284,171 acres) in East Cameroon on an open Savannah with beautiful, rolling hills near the Vina River. The camp, which embraces the style of local architecture, is integrated into its surroundings and built on the edge of Vina River's natural pools. Method of take is rifle or bow. This hunt is available February-April 2021 or 2022 and may be upgraded to include additional species and hunting days at current price list. Additional hunters are welcome at current rates; non-hunters are welcome at $4,500. Transportation during the hunt is mostly by vehicle with hunting done by spot & stalk. This package includes field prep, guide service, assistance at Douala and Ngaoundere airports, transfers to/from hotel, RT ground transfers from Ngaoundere to hunt concession, thatched roof bungalow accommodations with private bathrooms, daily laundry service, locally-sourced fine French cuisine, local alcoholic beverages (champagne not included) and Wi-Fi access. Not included are international airfare, before/after hotel accommodations in Douala at 300 Euro ($366), domestic airfare between Douala and Ngaoundere at 300 Euro ($366), trophy fees for animals hunted or wounded, hunting license at 2,000 Euro ($2,432), visa fee, rifle/ammo importation fee, hunting insurance, dipping/packaging at 2,000 Euro ($2,432), shipment of trophies, standard gratuities at $3,700 (10% of the daily rate for PH and staff. Euro/dollar conversion rate calculated at press time and subject to change.

Yes I’m thinking about it so that’s why I was wanting to do some due diligence on the back end first. I saw the article you linked and appreciate it. Looks like they used to hunt under Pasinisi in TZ from what I can find. I’m going to reach out to him direct as well but thought I’d ask here also.

Are you planning to bid as well?

Not I.
I would certainly reach out to him directly. Get your feel for the man directly.
I've met him at SCI and he was knowledgable.
He has been working across west and east Africa for years with many outfits.
There are many more references in French on Google. Google Translate and you should get some more information.
Good luck.

I have met Arnaud through mutual friends a couple of times in France and he seemed honest and professional man. When I had the pleasure of doing a season with the Pasanisi family everyone spoke highly of him. So I would say go for it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg