Bushpig bowhunt

Lucas.1.2.3

New member
Joined
May 3, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Good day everyone hope your doing well

I have a bushpig family coming to my bait.
This would be my first bushpig bowhubt and wanted to get some tips on how you manage the lighting part.

Do you have a buddy in the blind who has a redlight torch and slowly makes the levels stronger or what would you recommend to have as a light source to be able to shoot.
Red light or greenlight or any tips

Any idea if this boar is nice

Thank you kind regards lucas IMG_1524.jpeg
IMG_1518.jpeg
IMG_1525.jpeg
 
When I’ve hunted bushpig at night as well as feral pigs here in the states we use a motion detected red light. The pigs get used to it coming on as they feed, it gradually gets stronger and hasn’t seemed to bother the swine at all.

I believe we used Sniper Hog Lights.

Good luck.
 
put up a permanent red light
With a solar panel and battery
The pigs will get used to it as it will be on every night soon as sun gos down
Then no issue for pigs etc. bushpigs don’t worry about a permanent red light
 
I
put up a permanent red light
With a solar panel and battery
The pigs will get used to it as it will be on every night soon as sun gos down
Then no issue for pigs etc. bushpigs don’t worry about a permanent red light i
s there a other option since im planning on going to the farm in a weeks time and i dont have anyone to be able to setup a light would it be possible to use a redlight and slowly make it bright by hand or would that just not work
 
Is there a other option since im planning on going to the farm in a weeks time and i dont have anyone to be able to setup a light would it be possible to use a redlight and slowly make it bright by hand or would that just not work
 
I ve shined feral hogs here with a red light, didn’t seem to bother MOST of them. White light scared the heck out of them and green lights had mixed results more negative than positive.
 
Ivan get a red light that works on a remote and it slowly gets brighter with the remote

U can WhatsApp me and I will send u a contact to get a red light

Regards
 
when hunting bush pig in SA my ph had a battery connected to a red tail light with a small solar panel on it to keep it topped up.

he switched to LED tail lights for his red light because LED uses much less power. he did NOT have a solar panel on each light, he would just put a new battery on it every couple weeks. the red light was plenty to shoot by with a rifle, never tried with a bow, so that is one you are going to have to practice that to figure it out.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,258
Messages
1,570,878
Members
169,190
Latest member
LeandraWoo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top