Buffalo table display

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,574
Reaction score
9,982
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I am hunting my first buffalo in a couple of months. I am considering mounting the horns in a way that sits them on the table. In my mind I see them mounted in a wood support, perhaps with a brass plaque engraved with the date and place, and with very little skull. The idea is to place them on a long credenza or sideboard for easy viewing. However, considering their potential length and curl I am wondering if this is impractical. Has anyone seen or done something like this?
 
I am hunting my first buffalo in a couple of months. I am considering mounting the horns in a way that sits them on the table. In my mind I see them mounted in a wood support, perhaps with a brass plaque engraved with the date and place, and with very little skull. The idea is to place them on a long credenza or sideboard for easy viewing. However, considering their potential length and curl I am wondering if this is impractical. Has anyone seen or done something like this?
images (36).jpeg


Can always make it the table?
 
Buffalo-Skullcap-Shieldmount-20150818-7597-150x150.jpeg


Something like this ?
 
That’s how I plan to have my next Buffalo trophy done. Nice!
 
I always thought having horns placed inside a plexi glass or glass coffee table
 
When I considered how a shoulder mount Buffalo might fit. I measured an imaginary 42x42x42 box on the wall. That terminated that idea for my intended space.

Measure your target space. Is your target space large enough for what you are imagining?
 
View attachment 740371

Can always make it the table?
My only caution would be that the nose bone and jaw are actually very delicate and prone to breakage--in this case right at the level of foot movement under said table. I don't know how you could shield them in that arrangement. Otherwise, brilliant.
 
When I considered how a shoulder mount Buffalo might fit. I measured an imaginary 42x42x42 box on the wall. That terminated that idea for my intended space.

Measure your target space. Is your target space large enough for what you are imagining?
I did the same calculation for space and realized I couldn’t do another shoulder mount of that size. So I have a very long credenza in my office where I thought it would look good.
 
Hunting my first buffalo in ‘27. Thinking seriously about a neck mount on a pedestal. If I settle on a wall mount it will certainly be a neck mount.
 
I did the same calculation for space and realized I couldn’t do another shoulder mount of that size. So I have a very long credenza in my office where I thought it would look good.
Glad you have figured out a space that will work.
 
IMG_0350.jpeg
 
Where did you have that done? How big is the base that’s it’s sitting in?

I really like it.

Collett’s in Bulawayo. Steve also has a shop in Pretoria now. PM if you want more detailed pics.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,216
Members
169,274
Latest member
VilmaKorne
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top