Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NWTF, SCI, DSC, Delta Waterfowl, NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada, RSA, Mexico, Argentina
I am looking to hunt buffalo in Zim next year. I have hunted in SA and Namibia but this is my first trip to Zim. Can anyone recommend a buffalo outfitter they have used in Zim? I would really like to hunt around the Zambezi, if possible?

I appreciate the advice!

Martin Pieters Safaris (Omay North and Omay South) Martin Pieters Safaris :: Omay Zimbabwe Safaris :: Welcome

CM Safaris (Buzz Charlton and Myles McCallum) Charlton McCallum Safaris - Zimbabwe Safari Tours, Hunting Big Game Trophies in Dande Safari Area, Zimbabwe, Africa.

Walker Watson Safaris (Cliff Walker Rifa area) Walker & Watson African Safaris

I would/have hunted with any of these guys without hesitation. They are all Zim companies and are well respected in the business.

Other good ones are HHK, Chifuti, Mokore (on Save Conservancy), Shaun Buffee Safaris (on Bubye Conservancy)

Mike just gave you an excellent list of the well known folks offering what you are looking for.

All you need is mikes list. All top notch outfits.

Agreed. Mike's list is a good one. If you decide on Martin Peter's in the Omay, ask for Scott Bailey as your PH. Best I've ever hunted with. Don't rule out the Save Conservancy or Bubye, they are taking great buffalo out of there. Good luck and let us know the details!

Mallard

I like to use the internet and check out as many outfitters and PH'S as possible.

I like to ask for references both good and poor and make the calls and follow ups as necessary.

On a cape Buffalo hunt are you looking at size?

I also ask the trophy size and success rate for the past 2 years.

When scheduling an safari we usually ask for the best times of the season to be in camp and how far out they are booked for these slots.

I like to price shop when looking at hunting safari's

Are you flexible in your hunting location?

There are locations in Zimbabwe that offer cull operation where you can expect 32 to 38 inch Cape Buffalo at a reduced rate plus you could add a trophy Cape Buffalo on top of that is wanted with normal trophy fees.

One thing that i have seen is you need to check the Daily fees and Trophy Fees closely as they will be different and you need to do the math for each to see what your total projected cost will be.

Some safari locations they will be able to pick you up at an airport and other you will need a bush flight to make it into the field.

I am sure you will do your research and put a spread sheet together for comparisons value.

I am looking to hunt buffalo in Zim next year. I have hunted in SA and Namibia but this is my first trip to Zim. Can anyone recommend a buffalo outfitter they have used in Zim? I would really like to hunt around the Zambezi, if possible?

I appreciate the advice!

Personally I can recommend Terry Fenn, Chinanga Safaris. Hunted with him twice for elefant and it was so much great. He hunts different areas depending on what you want.

Hi Mallard

Mikes list if I may say so is a good one- you will have a good safari with all listed. Likewise Terry is a super fellow and good hunter. We own/ operate two areas in the Zambezi Valley been the Dande Safaris area and Dande East and 11 and 1 in the Save Valley been Hammond. Check out Charlton McCallum Safaris - Zimbabwe Safari Tours, Hunting Big Game Trophies in Dande Safari Area, Zimbabwe, Africa. and feel free to drop me an email and I will happily send you some more info etc. Cheers Buzz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross