Browning rifles

I would like to thank everyone for their input. Some things I had thought of and others I had not. I did go ahead and buy the Browning A-bolt Stainless Stalker left handed in 375 H & H with Boss system. The dealer gave me such a deal I couldn't say no. Bought some ammo and went out and sighted it in. Shot most of the first box off of the bench with the muzzle brake on and thought this doesn't kick any worse than my 7 Rem Mag. Then I took off the Muzzle and put on the solid piece and shot again. Holy Cr## what a difference. I was also surprised at how much the zero changed. Shot a few more rounds offhand, some with and some without the muzzle Brake. Now I'll be start working up some reloads. Again thanks to everyone for your input.

Spend a bit more time with the brake off pulling the gun in tight to your shoulder and with a firm grip with your forward hand. In no time you'll find you've mastered the recoil and it becomes no big deal. I don't consider myself terribly recoil sensitive, but I can't say I like being beat up by my rifles either.

Another trick I've started using is to use the sling to reduce muzzle jump. With you right elbow, create tension on the sling which will also help to steady your rifle. If you put enough slack in the sling you can also wrap your right hand around the sling which will create something of a belt effect around your wrist. Give it a try and I promise you that you won't find the need to use the muzzle brake.

That is good advice Phil.

Call me crazy-but my Browning A-bolt synthetic stalker 7WSM sure feels like it has more of a punch than my Model 70 .375 I know it surprised the hell out of me

I have several Browning A bolt rifles in various calibres

they are great rifles and by far my most accurate rifles

i find them the best value for money and the quality is also great value.

I have 243,270,30-06,338wm and 375 in A bolt.

Call me crazy-but my Browning A-bolt synthetic stalker 7WSM sure feels like it has more of a punch than my Model 70 .375 I know it surprised the hell out of me

Would not surprise me, especially if the gun doesn't fit you, my brothers X Bolt in a 300 WSM is a kitten to me.

Just finished my trip to Zim with only my .375 browning a- bolt.
Cape buffalo, eland, waterbuck and bushpig all one shot kills each.
Also duiker at 200 yds but never recovered. total of 7 rounds including sighting in.
Didn't kick any more than my weatherby .300 win mag. absolutely loved shooting it and no muzzle brake ever.
will post pics in a few days

Would not surprise me, especially if the gun doesn't fit you, my brothers X Bolt in a 300 WSM is a kitten to me.

I forgot to mention the recoil pad on the new Brownings is vastly superior to the older Brownings, heck my .325 WSM A BOLT has a less than desirable recoil pad.

I am a lefty that uses an A bolt stainless stalker without brake in 30/06 caliber and I LOVE IT!!!!! Accurate as sin, 60degree bolt lift easy to maintain, great safety location, adjustable trigger etc etc etc!!!!! I don't think you can get it without the brake anymore but I may be wrong on that. Buy one you'll like it!!!!! Liberty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg