BRNO, CZ, Meopta... Oh My!

Have any of you thought about dripping melted beeswax into the screw recesses after tightening the screws and wiping the surface clean on all the areas that you find water/condensation seeping its way into and causing the rust mentioned @Milan That should create a seal against any water incursion in those areas.
I have been using a beeswax based furniture polish on all of my wooden stocked rifles. The water and snow seem to really bead off nicely. It never occurred to me that some wax in liquid form would work in the nooks and crannies to keep it dry. Thanks for the suggestion.
By the way, I saw a video of you making a leather knife sheath where you dipped the sheath in a wax. Great result I am sure, with the old techniques and materials sometimes being the best.

I have been using a beeswax based furniture polish on all of my wooden stocked rifles. The water and snow seem to really bead off nicely. It never occurred to me that some wax in liquid form would work in the nooks and crannies to keep it dry. Thanks for the suggestion.
By the way, I saw a video of you making a leather knife sheath where you dipped the sheath in a wax. Great result I am sure, with the old techniques and materials sometimes being the best.
Thanks dean. I use parraffin wax on the sheaths but any wax that will set hard(ish) should protect the areas that condensation or outright rain may get to. Even with a screrw that has been removed the wax should stay on the surface of the counter bore as there is always a degree of clearance between the moving screw head and the recipient recess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of you thought about dripping melted beeswax into the screw recesses after tightening the screws and wiping the surface clean on all the areas that you find water/condensation seeping its way into and causing the rust mentioned @Milan That should create a seal against any water incursion in those areas.
I have not tried that but I believe, one can seal all one wants, water/condensation gets in but then when things are sealed it may be harder to get out. Maybe some bolts would benefit from this, but condensation gets even inside the bolt and on firing pin and spring and that we do not want to seal anyway.

That ole Kiwi fella has probably seen his share of bad weather being down the South Island.
Not that I have seen NZ

I would like to see it myself someday, maybe even give some hunting a try.

I would like to see it myself someday, maybe even give some hunting a try.
I believe it is still a hunter friendly country. Public land etc.
Nice scenery and not far from Australia so maybe wife is keen for me me to hunt there one day, so long as she gets to come for a holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it is still a hunter friendly country. Public land etc.
Nice scenery and not far from Australia so maybe wife is keen for me me to hunt there one day, so long as she gets to come for a holiday.
I have a Minister of Finances and Tourism that I must answer to as well. Travel is our thing, no kids, so we have been fortunate to have seen a few countries. The addition of hunting on these trips is a relatively new concept, but one that I am slowly seeping into her sub-conscious........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvividconsultant

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross