Boycott Dick’s!

Thats the problem...

They arent really "anti-gun"... they are just lying, politicizing, bullshit artists..

Dicks made a huge deal out of getting out of the gun business for all of the popular political reasons... and made very specific commentary about AR15's.. claimed they destroyed $5M in AR15's in fact rather than sell them.. etc..etc..

When the reality is.. it was a business move they needed to make, regardless of the political climate (I think the report I read said that firearms and ammo took something like 15% of their floor space, but only represented less than 1% of their actual margins.. people simply never shopped at Dicks for guns.... and the cost of liability insurance, etc was going up...).. In short.. they make a ton more money off of shoes, clothes, etc.. they turn the soft lines stock a lot faster, etc.. so guns just wasn't good business for them..

AND.. the further reality is.. Dicks wholly owns Field and Stream... who continued to sell AR15s and other firearms.. as well as that abhorrent 5.56 ammunition... for a good bit of time after Dicks said "we don't sell guns!"...

Today Field and Stream doesn't sell firearms either.. but.. amazingly enough.. they sell all sorts of "tactical" firearm accessories still.. as well as all sorts of AR15 look alike air soft gear, etc..

They are hypocrites..
The F&S store near me (Prosper, TX) still had guns for sale about a month ago when I was last in there. AR-15s and all.

I was in Dick’s maybe three or four times when one opened near me. After their announcement on gun policy, I decided they’ll never see on cent of my money. This only reenforces my decision.
In the same shopping center is an Orvis, that I‘ve only been to a couple of times and I’ve purchased on line as well. No longer.

Corporate America has been years ahead of the government in wokeness, godlessness, whatever you prefer to call it. This country’s leadership is all leftist nerds educated beyond their intelligence with useless garbage. Show me someone in corporate America with a thorough knowledge of their job and possessing good common sense and I’ll show you someone who will never advance to management.
I work for a Fortune 100 company and you are so correct. I just roll my eyes about some of the stuff coming out of our corporate office this month (and most months).

Our former CEO was a tough SOB who got forced out by Democratic politicians years ago. He had landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day with the Rangers and never looked back. He wouldn't have stood for this crap.

A new Dick's Sporting Goods is currently being built near my home. Tangentially, but interesting, is that the leader.... CEO is Lauren Hobart, has been clear that she wants "women and people of color" as customers, and not white males. (Up front on that at least.) She is paid $22,000 per day (plus bonuses) to be the Head of Dick's. Thankfully, she did not abort her three children. I will never see the inside of this store...........FWB

And here's Orvis posting.

Orvis is a family company. And for generations, the health and safety of our people—our Orvis family—has been our number one priority.
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, removing the federal right to an abortion, will have a profound effect on all those within the Orvis family who need to make personal decisions on their own health and safety.
In light of this decision—and in addition to our full spectrum of health and family-planning benefits—we will financially support those who require travel in order to legally access these critical healthcare resources. This will be provided to any member of our Orvis family, spouse, or dependent.
We recognize that this issue is deeply personal and know that not all will agree with this approach. However, we believe that a big part of supporting our people is doing what we can to provide access and choices for individuals to find the healthcare that is safest and best for them and their families.
Simon Perkins
President
BTW: I just received a Orvis email advertisement, & promptly clicked Unsubscrible. And Oh No, little box popped up & asked, why? Well, like a methodical Vampire “… IF you invite me in past the doors threshold I will join the party.”

One voice of discontent will solve nothing towards businesses dragging social politics into business & engineering unhinged Co. policies around the subject - BUT - it did feel good to have a voice.

As w/ Flatwater bill note above on Dick’s CEO … openly bias disregard towards what American is known for, open mixed society of culture. The ignorance & arrogance of this CEO statement is over-the-top & w/ ZERO accountability. Unless, this CEO message is plastered on a Bill Board outside the building sight & for the community members to see & make final disposition. :unsure: … only if I had wealth.

Last edited:
I went into a Dicks in Dallas when it first opened and was so disappointed that I never went into another one.

A new Dick's Sporting Goods is currently being built near my home. Tangentially, but interesting, is that the leader.... CEO is Lauren Hobart, has been clear that she wants "women and people of color" as customers, and not white males. (Up front on that at least.) She is paid $22,000 per day (plus bonuses) to be the Head of Dick's. Thankfully, she did not abort her three children. I will never see the inside of this store...........FWB
So you're telling me that the new CEO of Dicks doesn't even have one?

Perhaps not, but her moniker in the business is "Dick Head".....lending credence to her masculine, authoritarian leadership style. (in fairness, that nick name has been used for all DSG CEO's clear back to Dick Stack, the founder).................FWB

I had posted a comment yesterday on this topic and it has been delete. How and why does that occur.

If their terrible gun policies were not enough!

@phillip Glass
That would have to be the most disturbing and disgusting thing I have ever heard of.
To me it is just more denigration of women by dickheads that should know better.
With the new anti abortion bill it is going to do more harm than good, now we have this shit as well.
I am not anti abortion if it is actually needed but their offer is, I can't think of anything worse.
I wonder how the women on staff will take it.
Bob

Thanks. I never heard of this before today. I looked it up. I unfortunately understand where the stupidity of my previous company originated from and even some of the specific terms they used. It’s scary to think there is actually an agenda forcing corporations to force their employees to accept. I suppose days of just going to work and doing your job are gone. My old company actually wanted me to go to a class to learn to use gender pronouns properly!
@375Fox
If you want the ultimate in stupidity here's a pearler.
An severely overweight person working for a company got stuck in a toilet when they reached for the toilet paper and kinked their back and were usable to move.
The person had to be rescued by paramedics.
The work health and safety ( read bunch of fuckwits) then had ALL staff attend a meeting on safely reaching for toilet paper and wiping your backside to minimise the chance of back strain.
I kid you not.
Bob

Lucky for me ive been Boycotting Dicks my whole life and the sporting goods store! Orvis in Houston is the only store I have ever been in of theirs and it was full of a bunch of A River runs through it asshats that I get to look at every summer on the beautiful streams and rivers in Montana. I’m pretty sure that everything that was once good will be complete shit within a few years except the Bible and Whisky!
@Bullthrower338
Cody it would just be your luck you would end up with shit whisky as well the way things are going

@375Fox
If you want the ultimate in stupidity here's a pearler.
An severely overweight person working for a company got stuck in a toilet when they reached for the toilet paper and kinked their back and were usable to move.
The person had to be rescued by paramedics.
The work health and safety ( read bunch of fuckwits) then had ALL staff attend a meeting on safely reaching for toilet paper and wiping your backside to minimise the chance of back strain.
I kid you not.
Bob

I worked for one of those type of companies. After a accident they would form a committee to figure out how the accident could of been prevented and what steps needed to be taken to see that it didn't happen again.

You wouldn't believe some of the solutions that they came up with for stupid accidents.

I worked for one of those type of companies. After a accident they would form a committee to figure out how the accident could of been prevented and what steps needed to be taken to see that it didn't happen again.

You wouldn't believe some of the solutions that they came up with for stupid accidents.
@JimP
Unfortunately I would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross