Boycott Dick’s!

Good post. I have not been to Dick’s or Orvis in years. Don’t support their policies.

The US Supreme Court continues to “bitch-slap” the Biden Administration. Loving it.

And here's Orvis posting.

Orvis is a family company. And for generations, the health and safety of our people—our Orvis family—has been our number one priority.
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, removing the federal right to an abortion, will have a profound effect on all those within the Orvis family who need to make personal decisions on their own health and safety.
In light of this decision—and in addition to our full spectrum of health and family-planning benefits—we will financially support those who require travel in order to legally access these critical healthcare resources. This will be provided to any member of our Orvis family, spouse, or dependent.
We recognize that this issue is deeply personal and know that not all will agree with this approach. However, we believe that a big part of supporting our people is doing what we can to provide access and choices for individuals to find the healthcare that is safest and best for them and their families.
Simon Perkins
President
I have used Orvis for a long time, I will no longer be using their products. There are way better Fly Fishing products available anyway. I emailed them and requested that they remove me from all forms of communication.

In our neck of the woods Dick’s lost out to academy long before they gave gun owners the middle finger. I’d say I’m boycotting them but the truth is their stores haven’t been worth going in to for years.

Orvis is a family company. And for generations, the health and safety of our people—our Orvis family—has been our number one priority.
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, removing the federal right to an abortion, will have a profound effect on all those within the Orvis family who need to make personal decisions on their own health and safety.
In light of this decision—and in addition to our full spectrum of health and family-planning benefits—we will financially support those who require travel in order to legally access these critical healthcare resources. This will be provided to any member of our Orvis family, spouse, or dependent.
We recognize that this issue is deeply personal and know that not all will agree with this approach. However, we believe that a big part of supporting our people is doing what we can to provide access and choices for individuals to find the healthcare that is safest and best for them and their families.
Simon Perkins
President

Overpriced fishing and hunting equipment..

The only orvis I own is a jacket and a T-shirt from their Costco line of clothes..

Looks like that’ll be the last orvis I own…

There are plenty of other companies, far larger then Dicks who are doing the same.

Amazon, Apple, Bank of America, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Microsoft, Mastercard, Kroger, Alaska Airlines, Netflix, and Comcast to name a few.

Make sure you pull your business from them as well.

Sad thought it is, it's unsurprising. Dick's and others are only showing the uglier side of bottom-line corporatism: while cloaking themselves in pop-pieties, they know that dishing out a handful of $K for an abortion is much cheaper than maternity leave. Productivity Vs. HR costs. It's all it is. Same reason behind the same policy from most other companies that announced it.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that Dick's is still in business. With competition from much better sporting-good stores, I think it's only a matter of time until they go under. I won't shed a tear when they do.

I left them when they went anti gun. Will be interesting to see how long they stay in business. These Woke Corporations are going to start paying the price. Look at Disney stock for example, down 45% over the last year.

This is too much. I always thought business would stay away from actively supporting the far left agenda and especially divisive social issues unrelated to business. I can’t understand the benefit to companies of supporting the far left over remaining neutral and focusing on business? Part of the reason I quit my previous company (an oil company!) was the push to participate in the woke agenda to be ranked well or promoted.
I agree. The wokesters taking over oil and gas have now installed a permanent $100/bbl oil price Due to their not funding new projects.

ESG scores.

paying or enabling someone else’s abortion is literally blood on your hands. Orvis needs to hear about it.
Yep and then cheering it from the rooftops is a head Scratcher!

I left them when they went anti gun. Will be interesting to see how long they stay in business. These Woke Corporations are going to start paying the price. Look at Disney stock for example, down 45% over the last year.
Exactly

Yes been boycotting them for a while now, and with paying travel expenses for abortions I hope they go out of business! I will join millions of others in clapping when this hopefully happens.

I left them when they went anti gun.
Thats the problem...

They arent really "anti-gun"... they are just lying, politicizing, bullshit artists..

Dicks made a huge deal out of getting out of the gun business for all of the popular political reasons... and made very specific commentary about AR15's.. claimed they destroyed $5M in AR15's in fact rather than sell them.. etc..etc..

When the reality is.. it was a business move they needed to make, regardless of the political climate (I think the report I read said that firearms and ammo took something like 15% of their floor space, but only represented less than 1% of their actual margins.. people simply never shopped at Dicks for guns.... and the cost of liability insurance, etc was going up...).. In short.. they make a ton more money off of shoes, clothes, etc.. they turn the soft lines stock a lot faster, etc.. so guns just wasn't good business for them..

AND.. the further reality is.. Dicks wholly owns Field and Stream... who continued to sell AR15s and other firearms.. as well as that abhorrent 5.56 ammunition... for a good bit of time after Dicks said "we don't sell guns!"...

Today Field and Stream doesn't sell firearms either.. but.. amazingly enough.. they sell all sorts of "tactical" firearm accessories still.. as well as all sorts of AR15 look alike air soft gear, etc..

They are hypocrites..

I have found that when you start deciding not to do business with one company or another for one reason or another you will find that you pretty much need to just stay home and twiddle your thumbs.

Just about any large corporation has policies in effect that none of us would like and would no longer do business with them. But where do we draw the line? Lets take Disney for a example, they have pages of policies that none of us would like to support but yet we continue to go to their resorts and watch their channels on the boob tube.

What we do need to do is to pick and choose who we spend our money with wisely, and if there is a alternative then support those other stores or businesses. But when it comes down to it it is quite likely that those other stores and businesses also support programs or something that we don't like, so what do we do with that?

Dicks is easy for me to ignore, the closest store to me is 120 miles away.

Fkn hell..
ESG is pretty serious stuff right now. The big banks/corporate lenders are refusing to lend to anyone that doesn’t meet their ESG standards. Guns, fossil fuels, anything conservative is in their crosshairs.
If you want to explore new oil fields- nope. Go solar or wind or don’t get the $

I have found that when you start deciding not to do business with one company or another for one reason or another you will find that you pretty much need to just stay home and twiddle your thumbs.

Just about any large corporation has policies in effect that none of us would like and would no longer do business with them. But where do we draw the line? Lets take Disney for a example, they have pages of policies that none of us would like to support but yet we continue to go to their resorts and watch their channels on the boob tube.

What we do need to do is to pick and choose who we spend our money with wisely, and if there is a alternative then support those other stores or businesses. But when it comes down to it it is quite likely that those other stores and businesses also support programs or something that we don't like, so what do we do with that?

Dicks is easy for me to ignore, the closest store to me is 120 miles away.
You draw the line the moment one of two things happens:

1) you realize you do not need their product at all

2) you find an equal or better alternative.

Simon Perkins
President
AKA we don't want our employees to take time off to raise families, just get your ass back to work and we will write off the "Healthcare Expense"

Fkn hell..

Exactly, I couldn’t have said it better. I retired early, walking away from the CEO position at a Fortune 50 company. It’s a good thing I did. I’d have been the most hated CEO on the street. No way I would have tolerated this crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonardMrh

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!