AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.kevindthomas.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Previously ZPHGA, PHASA, SCI, ECGMA - all now lapsed since I'm no longer active in the industry but still support it fully.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique.
Due to a series of Amazon upload glitches over book template sizes, and related issues, it’s taken me months to finally sort out and upload my latest edition of The Hunting Game.

This is the second run which has an additional chapter portraying the life of legendary Rhodesian ivory hunter Crawford Fletcher ‘Chimpongani’ Jamieson. Despite his life being tragically cut short on 17 August 1947, up until his untimely death, he’d lived a full and exciting life. Jamieson’s favourite calibre was a .500 Jeffery Model No 2 single square bridge bolt-magazine rifle. A reviewer of the book wrote that the chapter on Jamieson (which includes photographs) is probably the most in depth yet printed, about the man.

The book has 26 chapters in total and includes photographs throughout. All four of my books, Shadows in an African Twilight, Tracking the Memory, The Hunting Game and There’s Something About Buffalo are now available in conventional paperback format on Amazon. They’re also available on Amazon in Ebook format for Kindle devices and similar.

As a writer and avid reader, I well know the comforting feel of a traditional paper book, especially a new one. However, when it comes to safari, I think Ebooks are definitely the way to go on. Quite simply, because you can upload hundreds of books onto your Kindle reader, and there isn’t the weight limitation, or packing problems one faces when travelling with conventional paperback books. It took me awhile to get used to using a Kindle but now I never travel anywhere without it.

For the past few years South African readers of my books have had a major headache sourcing them due to the chaotic dysfunctional state of the South African Postal Services. Amazon will not send purchases into SA using ordinary mail, and I won’t either from my website in the UK. The good news is that my books can now be sourced by South African readers using TakeAlot.com It’s simply a question of opening an account and registering with them.

I have a fifth book in the pipeline although it'll appeal more to readers of a military inclination, in that the genre is about the use of combat trackers and pseudo gangs in counterinsurgency warfare. Much of the content is based on my own experiences as a combat tracker, and as a pseudo team leader during the Rhodesian Bush War. Due to the book still being in its early stages it'll be awhile yet before I'll have it out on Amazon.

Here's to wishing all members a successful 2020 safari season in Africa, and happy reading!

BPUK325833_CoverPROOF.jpg
BPUK344538_Cover.jpg
Tracking the Memory.jpg
Shadows in an African Twilight COVER.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing

I’ve read “There’s Something About Buffalo” and really enjoyed it. A good book for anyone planning a buffalo hunt.

Thanks for the update Kevin! Looking forward to the read.

I have read a couple of your books I got on amazon and will add your new book to my collection this weekend. Thanks for the update.

CAABEB7C-174E-47CA-AE8E-C8658C649784.jpeg
Are you writing under a ghost author name?! Hahahahahahhahahaah

I ordered one of Mr. Thomas' books directly from his site and sent him a message asking him to please sign it for me and if time allowed maybe a short inscription. Mr. Thomas went above and beyond with kindness and now I hold in my hand a long lasting souvenir to feed my interest hunting a faraway continent and the people who made it what it is today. Thank You Mr. Thomas, thank you very much-and now for page 1!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!