Bolt action or double??

just out of interest why do you want a sound moderator on it? had a look on the link, and i know what would be sent flying into the bush inside of the first couple of minutes if i had to carry that rifle.......;)

That'll do! Wish I was the one behind it on its next trip!

for use in the uk. folk around in the uk dont like loud bangs they phone the cops!!!

not yet but id say its on the cards. I'm also thinking about rapid re-acquisition of target if need be.

just out of interest why do you want a sound moderator on it? had a look on the link, and i know what would be sent flying into the bush inside of the first couple of minutes if i had to carry that rifle.......;)

No insult intended, but I've sure got to agree with 'spike.t'. I wouldn't want that humongous thing on any hunting rifle I own. Again, no insult intended, just a case of different strokes for different folks I guess.

Last edited:
No insult intended, but I've sure got to agree with 'spike.t'. I wouldn't want that humongous piece of iron on any hunting rifle I own. Again, no insult intended, just a case of different strokes for different folks I guess.

I see your point my 30-06 that normally go out with hasn't got one and that in the UK is very unusual. No offence taken old bean every bit of help is taken as help. I've never hunted Africa apart from as part of the UN in SL. Even then never a shot fired! Thank god. I did put out a question re how loud is it in the 375 and up category to help me make up my mind.
I guess I could always get it then if I find to heavy just take it off and continue the next day.

'Norfolk shooter' . . . your question about "how loud" the 375 H&H is may be somewhat difficult to answer. The best I can suggest is to conduct an internet search on the comparative decibel level output of various firearms chambering. But surely the noise level of a .375 H&H isn't intolerable as it's a popular chambering that has been used extensively for both target shooting and hunting for a little more than 100 years now.

It's the damned ear shattering muzzle brakes that I can't stand.

Sorry, I wish I could offer more helpful advice . . . good hunting to you!

Last edited:
I dont have to get that particular one. There shall be more soon. Im rather fortunate that the world renowned Holts auction house is based up the road from me! Plenty there.

I dont have to get that particular one. There shall be more soon. Im rather fortunate that the world renowned Holts auction house is based up the road from me! Plenty there.

yup they have some good stuff for sure. i bought a cz .416 rigby with synthetic stock that was unused for just over £500.00 from them on one of their unsold items sales. :D

Thats the nice thing in the uk we have to fight to get the larg calibres so when there is an auction on at holts you can pick up some real treats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,