Boeing Aircraft

If you really must think about the aircraft your flying in; Try thinking about how much of the flight attendant's boobs would actually fit in a coconut bra and her tan lines.

Not:
How does a third world country afford a factory fresh newly produced fleet of 1-3 planes?

Nor:
Just how well, probably not, trained are thier ground crews in maintaining these planes.

My biggest concern, especially on long flights:
How much fuel is in the tanks, I didn't see any tanker trucks refueling the aircraft that just arrived and I'm about to board.

IMO: Otherwise we all might be taking long boat rides worrying about: when or will this ship sink before we get to Africa (our destination)? And is there enough life jackets and life boats for everyone?

FYI: For the stats folks, when one considers if there were as many planes in the air as cars on the roadways; there would most likely be higher ratios of plane mishaps i.e. crashes, near misses, malfunctions, airport incidents, etc.

The 747's had the same cargo door issues. The cargo door on this 747 opened in flight. The rapid decompression sucked 2 rows of seats right off the floor, killing 9 people. 1 man who was sucked into the engine had to be identified by DNA samples. Everyone else survived. The flight was on it's way to New Zealand. It had to turn around, and barely made it back to Honolulu on 2 engines.
View attachment 441276
A little 200 MPH tape, and it's all good!

China doesnt have the safety standards that the USA has.
My point (and a joke amongst Pilot friends!) Anything featuring the name Asia, Asian, China et. al. and Airline/Airplane is going to make more "frequent and abrupt" landings! ;) Just count the number over the last couple of years...Plenty of us have flown on standard (non-Max) 737s and have lived to tell about it! That said Airbus seems to have outsold them, Internationally.

On a 2007 SAA flight from NYC to Dakar to JHB, the plane i was on was experiencing problems. They landed in Senegal, another suitable replacement was already lined up on the tarmac. We walked down onto the hot asphalt, saw to it that our bags were transferred, and up the stairs to the replacement plane we went. I believe it was an Airbus. Taking 500 level statistics, no matter what the computations say, anything is possible at any given time, and usually it's some form or another of human error (many airlines have been cited for failure to conduct necessary periodic maint., et. al.) All that said, 'glad they handled it they way they did!! People often joke about the now Gov't.-owned airlines in bankruptcy, often in Africa.

Aircraft crashes are almost never due just one failure. Almost always it’s a chain of events, most always preventable or avoidable singularly, that together cause the mishap. Design failures, inadequate maintenance, poor training, and bad pilot judgement are the most common and deadly combinations. We’ll see which ones were at work in this latest tradgedy.

Lots of rumors and speculation about the crash, including pilot suicide. I've watched many airplane crash documentaries, and rarely does an airplane come straight down like that.

The biggest Federal cover-up in aviation history.

I am sorry. I have never bought this. The government can't hide anything one minute and then a major corporation, and at least three federal agencies cooperate in a cover up of a terrorist attack? This falls into the same category as the 911 "truther" nonsense.

Lots of rumors and speculation about the crash, including pilot suicide. I've watched many airplane crash documentaries, and rarely does an airplane come straight down like that.

Agree. Very similar to Flight 93 on 911.

'Spend a lot of time working at old Curtiss, Wright and Curtiss-Wright facilities (and there's a really cool Curtiss museum in NY). Those guys were the true genius-innovators. Making war planes isn't cheap. The price is still being paid today...
1656952045957.png
1656951983075.png
1656951767762.png
1656951927558.png

I am sorry. I have never bought this. The government can't hide anything one minute and then a major corporation, and at least three federal agencies cooperate in a cover up of a terrorist attack? This falls into the same category as the 911 "truther" nonsense.
Yeah, because the Fed's are honest, upstanding, and overflowing with integrity.

The concern wasn't a possible terrorist attack, but friendly fire.

The final NTSB report stated that high voltage current jumped into a low voltage circuit in the fuel level sensor wiring in the center tank. An alleged short circuit spark ignited the fuel vapor in the tank.

Federal operatives seized a private video that shows a missile type object travelling upwards with a con trail behind it.?

Of the 258 verified witnesses, not one, was allowed to testify at the hearings.

This investigation had a huge cloud of stink all over it. Believe what you will.

Yeah, because the Fed's are honest, upstanding, and overflowing with integrity.

The concern wasn't a possible terrorist attack, but friendly fire.

The final NTSB report stated that high voltage current jumped into a low voltage circuit in the fuel level sensor wiring in the center tank. An alleged short circuit spark ignited the fuel vapor in the tank.

Federal operatives seized a private video that shows a missile type object travelling upwards with a con trail behind it.?

Of the 258 verified witnesses, not one, was allowed to testify at the hearings.

This investigation had a huge cloud of stink all over it. Believe what you will.
Believe what and whom you want. That is your affair.

The notion that the US government could keep such a secret coverup for three decades is farcical. It is equally ridiculous that either William Perry or William Cohen would be party to such a conspiracy.

I had assumed this clown was latching onto the terrorist scenario. But you are correct. A US Navy shootdown and cover-up is far more interesting.

Believe what and whom you want. That is your affair.

The notion that the US government could keep such a secret coverup for three decades is farcical. It is equally ridiculous that either William Perry or William Cohen would be party to such a conspiracy.

I had assumed this clown was latching onto the terrorist scenario. But you are correct. A US Navy shootdown and cover-up is far more interesting.

This is a very sensible counter to most all government conspiracy theories and one I am always shocked more people don't understand. Having spent most of my life working around government officials from the top of the WH on down, the idea that anything salacious or of monumental proportions can be kept quiet is really absurd. There are FAR fewer secrets than the vast majority of people think.

Red Leg here's a couple of examples of the US government being able to keep secrets for a long time.

".........The notion that the US government could keep such a secret coverup for three decades is farcical. ......."

President Kennedy (JFK) was assassinated in 1963 although little by little more information on his assassination has been released the US government is still covering it up after nearly 6 decades.

Then there is Area 51, built in 1955, that's nearing 7 decades.

Of course there are the Clintons secrets, ie laptop, emails, how many blow jobs that president Clinton in the White House, Benghazi, why so many of "their friends" committed suicide, conveniently had fatal accidents, etc.

And who knows how long if ever Hunter Biden's information on his laptop will be exposed or who was the master mind behind the fraudulent 2020 presidential election.

Terrorism, friendly fire, or whatever?

Just remember, it was a reelection year for slick Willy.

I have gotten to be much too cynical to believe at face value anything that either the government or it's adversaries put forth as the "truth". With any news release from the government or its critics I find myself asking the question: How does it affect me? What follows is a flow chart of options, mostly ending up with either a no answer or I'll vote for and provide support for a particular viewpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VEXCatheri

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!