Boeing Aircraft

This got zero media coverage, which is normal for the ho-hum life of Air Force tanker crews. In late September, 2021, the Air Force launched a record 20 aircraft with 15 seconds of interval between aircraft. All 20 aircraft launched, not bad for a 60 year old Boeing. Ok, engines and avionics have been upgraded over the years. The air refueling capability of the US is unrivaled and is a big part of how the US can project airpower worldwide, whenever and wherever needed..............in an even older Boeing, the B-52.

1639429444570.png

The "Elephant Walk"

Flight Tracker version

The most dangerous part of any trip involving commerical aviation is the drive to and from the airport. Book your flights and relax, whether you're on a Boeing or Airbus (or a Bombardier, Embraer, etc). You might get a little concerned if you are on an Ilyushin.
Bombardier is out of commercial aviation. All they make are corporate jets. The Q400 was sold to Longview Aviation Capital in 2019, reviving the de Havilland Canada brand. Mitsubishi bought the BRJ and Airbus bought the C series, now the A220.

We had an interesting aircraft failure when I was in high school. Our farm was in Essex County, Ontario, across the border from Detroit. The cargo door on a plane approaching the Detroit airport failed and a coffin jettisoned onto our neighbor’s field. Our neighbor, thinking us kids were playing a prank (we were well known for it), went out to the busted open coffin and yanked on the leg sticking out. He was quite surprised to find he had grabbed on to an actual corpse.

It became a bit of an international incident as we now had a US corpse in Canada.

This got zero media coverage, which is normal for the ho-hum life of Air Force tanker crews. In late September, 2021, the Air Force launched a record 20 aircraft with 15 seconds of interval between aircraft. All 20 aircraft launched, not bad for a 60 year old Boeing. Ok, engines and avionics have been upgraded over the years. The air refueling capability of the US is unrivaled and is a big part of how the US can project airpower worldwide, whenever and wherever needed..............in an even older Boeing, the B-52.

View attachment 441416

The "Elephant Walk"

Flight Tracker version
,My ex Father-in-law was a radio operator/Bombardier? on the B-52. He had some pretty cool stories to tell

Fun fact: the standard factor of safety in aircraft design is 1.15-1.25 (except for the landing gear and wing spar, which is 3-4). The standard for bridges is like 5-8. The standard for automotive is typically 3-5.

I worked for McDonnell Aircraft over 30 years ago. My last assignment was working on the forward fuselage of the aborted A12 program. I left a few months before the stuff hit the fan and the program was canceled. My time time there taught me to never again depend on a government contract for my living. The Navy and DOD were hopelessly messed up. Constantly changing mission requirements and conflicting change orders. The loss of that program was a big reason MACAIR lost the Advanced Tactical Fighter fly off which ruined the company. If the government wanted to reduce the number of combat aircraft manufacturers they couldn’t have done a better job.

Fun fact: the standard factor of safety in aircraft design is 1.15-1.25 (except for the landing gear and wing spar, which is 3-4). The standard for bridges is like 5-8. The standard for automotive is typically 3-5.
Lower number equals lower safety?

View attachment 441416

The "Elephant Walk"

Flight Tracker version
I guess they're big enough to not worry about wake turbulence. Other than that, it's a wonderful feeling leaving the earth.

The 2 Boeing 737 Max crashes cost Boeing $2.5 billion in settlements. Not to mention the losses in sales and production.
And delaying the 777X launch which may cost them hugely if it is delayed too much more. Also delayed the 797 (or whatever they are calling it) project.

Maximum stress by expected normal stress isn't something I like thinking about while flying....

The problem is not Boeing. How many domestic airline accidents in the last 20 years? Zero.
Think twice before flying in a third world country.

Bill
5000hr total time
ATP helicopter
etc etc.

The problem is not Boeing. How many domestic airline accidents in the last 20 years? Zero.
Think twice before flying in a third world country.

Bill
5000hr total time
ATP helicopter
etc etc.
@discap, I'm with you 100% on third world and that includes Russia and China, but what about those jackass Koreans that flubbed a CAVU ILS in to San Fran, 2013?

Hmm. Just flew Air Egypt - 3 Airbuses all domestic flights. Great planes, great crews, felt safe throughout.

The Korean Air flight just proves my point. It's not the planes.

thi9elsp - Everything is great until it isn't. Training and experience is the difference. I know nothing about Egypt Air. The 737 Maxx never had an issue in the US. I can guarantee that having a 200 hr Total Time Co Pilot is a bad idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross