Blaser Rifles

Here’s a video of R8 Professional Success stock in 500 Jeffery which only comes in alloy receiver. I myself would not be too keen to shoot a big bore with a thumbhole stock.

That looks surprisingly manageable.

That looks surprisingly manageable.

I have three thumbhole stocked rifles and have to say they feel, shoulder, and handle better than any other rifle I own. Felt recoil is subjective, but the thumbhole stocked 300 win mag and 9.3x62 certainly don’t seem to kick as much as their traditional stocked cousins in the safe. My new Weatherby’s are coming in a very close second to thumbhole stocked rifles, was very surprised how beautifully the Weatherby stocks handle and shoot. I wouldn’t want to shoot a 500 in any stock configuration, will stick to the 375 and 416 for DG as they are plenty powerful IMO

I have three thumbhole stocked rifles and have to say they feel, shoulder, and handle better than any other rifle I own. Felt recoil is subjective, but the thumbhole stocked 300 win mag and 9.3x62 certainly don’t seem to kick as much as their traditional stocked cousins in the safe. My new Weatherby’s are coming in a very close second to thumbhole stocked rifles, was very surprised how beautifully the Weatherby stocks handle and shoot. I wouldn’t want to shoot a 500 in any stock configuration, will stick to the 375 and 416 for DG as they are plenty powerful IMO
The thumbhole stock is something I would need to try before buying.
What contour barrel do you have for your 375 and 416?
And do you have the steel receiver and kickstop?

The thumbhole stock is something I would need to try before buying.
What contour barrel do you have for your 375 and 416?
And do you have the steel receiver and kickstop?

The 375 and 416 are Weatherby’s. Not sure the contour of the barrels but they are heavy duty barrels, the 257 Wby and the 300 Win mag are only slightly less so than their bigger siblings. My thumb hole stocks are Mauser M12 Max’s, sweet handling and shooting rifles, would say they shoulder very similar to the Blazers I’ve handled however they won’t cycle like that straight pull but they do very well for a traditional bolt (smooth).

Some guidance would be much appreciated on accuracy problems w my R8. I’m preparing to leave for a mule deer hunt in Wyoming and was unable to reconfirm my zero on my R8, 308 Win that is topped w a Swaro Z6. The groups were about 2 inches to 3 inches wide and inconsistent from group to group. I made sure there was no grease on screws, retorqued as directed, checked scope level etc. Still, unable to get tight groups. To rule out shooter error, I brought a Sako 85, 270 Win, and shot that, too, and my groups were less than 1/2 inch. V curious if anyone else has had any problems.

Last edited:
Some guidance would be much appreciated on accuracy problems w my R8. I’m preparing to leave for a mule deer hunt in Wyoming and was unable to reconfirm my zero on my R8, 308 Win that is topped w a Swaro Z6. The groups were about 2 inches to 3 inches wide and inconsistent from group to group. I made sure there was no grease on screws, retorqued as directed, checked scope level etc. Still, unable to get tight groups. To rule out shooter error, I brought a Sako 85, 270 Win, and shot that, too, and my groups were less than 1/2 inch. V curious if anyone else has had any problems.
Do you have iron sights on the barrel? If so you can shoot groups with the scope off at 50 to 100 yards to determine if the problem lies with the scope or the rifle.

Last time I had a problem like this it was related to the scope and I sent it back to Trijicon. Turns out the parallax adjustment had come loose inside the scope. Things like this can happen to any brand of scope, even a Swaro.

See if you can isolate the problem and go from there.

Do you have iron sights on the barrel? If so you can shoot groups with the scope off at 50 to 100 yards to determine if the problem lies with the scope or the rifle.
No, Sir. No irons on the barrel. I don’t think I will make that omission again.

No, Sir. No irons on the barrel. I don’t think I will make that omission again.
Well damn. Do you have another scope you can mount on the barrel and just see how it prints?

I reset the scope and confirmed that it was leveled. I’ve never had an issue w Swaros, but it may come down to putting a new scope on the rifle. I’m calling Blaser, too. I appreciate your input. Thank you.

Question: Using the Blaser saddle mount, what ring height is needed to accommodate a 44mm objective scope? 50mm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross