Blaser R8 for Dangerous Game

ABSOLUTELY! I married her for her excellent taste...in wood. ;)

@VertigoBE - Thank you for sharing a picture of your beautifully stocked rifle.
@BeeMaa
When we are talking wood mate we're talking man size not tooth picks.

Thanks guys! I needed a good laugh. It’s been an unusually rough start to the archery and muzzleloader seasons here with lots of misses and some wounding shots. After waiting a while and then tracking up this big Shiras moose that a client hit too far back, I found him and was quite
A2A9FB66-8424-441E-91D9-B42B46638B80.jpeg
relieved. The hunter, while not proud of his shot, was also very relieved. I told him I charge extra $$ for “mustard shots” and that I wanted him to shoot it behind the front shoulder, not the rear shoulder! Where’s a Blaser when you need one?!

Thanks guys! I needed a good laugh. It’s been an unusually rough start to the archery and muzzleloader seasons here with lots of misses and some wounding shots. After waiting a while and then tracking up this big Shiras moose that a client hit too far back, I found him and was quite View attachment 491537relieved. The hunter, while not proud of his shot, was also very relieved. I told him I charge extra $$ for “mustard shots” and that I wanted him to shoot it behind the front shoulder, not the rear shoulder! Where’s a Blaser when you need one?!
a good end to what might otherwise have been a sad ending for all parties involved!

Well done @Scott CWO

No, but I do appreciate a reminder to revisit the collection. I gave a loving caress to the two-four-three for you! :A Tease:
@Forrest Halley
That is pittyfull mate. You must be desperate. Hug your wife or son instead. A 243 deserves NO lovin from anyone.
Me thinks you are in need of more counselling.
Bob

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen I really enjoy my 6mm (6CM and 6XC). They shoot soft and hit hard. I think deep down inside you are a trying to comeout of the 6mm closet.... it is okay no judgment here.
@Inline6
I wouldn't have a 6mm anything. You say it hits hard, compared to a 22lr you are possibly right compared to a good 25 ya deamin.
Bob

I found this, and after a good laugh, I had to share.View attachment 491669
We just need someone to product place this bad boy into the next sniper /special forces movie (oh, or a revamp of The Hunted) :P Banana:
it's just missing the extended magazine and of course the side saddle with two extra rounds.

it's just missing the extended magazine and of course the side saddle with two extra rounds.
It's the R8 ultimate X.

If it were in a different chassie and barrels not so expensive...I would not mind trying to run one in a competition. Barrels are a deal breaker for me, 1700rds out of a 6XC is my average life expectancy.

It's the R8 ultimate X.

I don’t think so, I think it’s the regular R8, the trigger placement in X model is different. The stock is GRS Ragnarok.

I don’t think so, I think it’s the regular R8, the trigger placement in X model is different. The stock is GRS Ragnarok.
100% you are correct, he said it was missing the extended magazine. The X is the only one that I know of that has that option. Poor wording on my part.

You are probably right that .014" makes all the difference in the world. It is what held me back from my dream job.
@Inline6
I will stick with my 25 with a 100gn TTSX at 3,600fps or a 115gn/117gn at 3,300 plus fps over any 6mm even the 240 Weatherby.
There's something about the 6mm that doesn't work for me.
A mate shot a fallow on the weekend using a 243 with 100gn Remington corelocks. The first one went down after a bit of a run. The second one went down but as he was walking over to it it got up and ran of. Despite his best efforts he couldn't find it. He is starting to dislike the 243.
Bob

I've thought about getting a wood laminate GRS stock in the Nordic Grey, but I'm not completely sold on the grip position for instinctive shooting and hunting. In addition to the price of the stock (about $550 USD), GRS recommends it be glass bedded...so now there's that. I know I should stop bitching...nothing about a Blaser is cheap. :rolleyes:

If I were to upgrade to a wood one, it would most likely be a Blaser product with a pancake cheekpad. For now I'll save my pennies and stick with the synthetic.
1664139716977.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross