Blaser R8 22LR threaded barrel

Bert the Turtle

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH elite
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
1,435
Reaction score
3,087
Media
6
Articles
1
Anyone know what the threads are on the R8 threaded barrel? I cannot find it published anywhere and it isn’t marked on the barrel. I’ve emailed Blaser, so I should know in a day or two but the sooner I find out, the sooner I can get a thread adaptor and put my suppressor on this thing.
 
I had mine done here in the US and purchased it (already threaded) from Top Dog Guns Global with 1/2x28 threads. Probably not real helpful but there a multitude of thread adapters out there for .22 caliber suppressors...yes, even metric.
 
That would have been the smart move. I got mine threaded straight from Blaser, so it has some sort of metric thread. I thought it was a 15x1, but the adaptor doesn't fit. So either I was sent the wrong adaptor or I was wrong about the 15x1.
 
Whoever you purchased it from should be able to provide you with the thread diameter and pitch.

The Blaser standard thread diameter and pitch for a 22lr kit is M15x1. That is 15mm thread diameter and 1mm thread pitch. Please see the picture below and if there is a question, please seek out a professional to measure it for you. Another way to do it is to take it to a store and thread on a nut of a known thread pitch. It is possible that you were sent the wrong adapter.
1695088718486.png
 
Thank you. I thought it was 15x1, but the thread adaptor I ordered doesn't fit. I am wondering if I was sent the wrong adaptor. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Fastenal tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.
 
Thank you. I thought it was 15x1, but the thread adaptor I ordered doesn't fit. I am wondering if I was sent the wrong adaptor. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Fastenal tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.
Probably the quickest solution. At the same time, take the adapter and see what that is as well.
 
I finally got this sorted. Fastenal had M14 and M16 but no M15 to try. I searched all over the Blaser website and all threads listed were metric. I contacted Blaser but never heard back. I called Euro optic ( the people I purchased it from) and it took them a few hours to find out it was M15-1. Which as it turned out, it was not. So I measured it with my calipers at 0.625 inches. Turns out it is 5/8-24. The threads have the same nitride finish as the rest of the barrel, so it must have been done at the factory. They must have known it was going to the US and put standard threads on it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,270
Members
169,324
Latest member
FelicitasB
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top