Blaser coming out with something new?

Yay. Another company making $400 camo jackets, manufactured in the same Chinese facility as all the rest, but with a custom camo pattern and a label that says Blaser.

My life is now complete, in the same way it was with Kuiu, Sitka, FirstLite, and every other one that has come along. Zen moments folks.

Yay. Another company making $400 camo jackets, manufactured in the same Chinese facility as all the rest, but with a custom camo pattern and a label that says Blaser.

My life is now complete, in the same way it was with Kuiu, Sitka, FirstLite, and every other one that has come along. Zen moments folks.
+1.

The best thing about this announcement...I won't waste time or money on it.

2nd generation of the Infinity scope is forthcoming. The Left hand ultimate will be released by end of the year or first quarter of next. The cutout Pelican cases are also coming back. But, by the obvious look of the post and for a August announcement, it seems like they are getting into the camouflage game to compete with Sitka and Kuiu. First three statements are facts. The camo is my guess.

53C9A535-B96F-4DBA-BA22-6D61718997C1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be very funny if Sitka and Kuiu would start making rifles; lightweight camouflage ones.

The irony is none of this stuff lasts very long. I bought a pair of first lite briefs for $60 and I kid you not, they lasted ONE hunt day. Rough shooting, walk up, 8 hours, holes began to form. That was my lesson with these new, high price hunting clothing companies.

My tailor in the UK makes me an entire shooting suit by hand with first world labor charges for exactly the same price kuiu/Sitka/blaser/first lite charge for their Chinese stuff. The big difference beyond profit margin and inferior raw materials is that my shooting suits look good after 100 days of wear, rather than trash-bin worthy after one outing.

I may sound jaded, but I’m old school. There are so many exceptional wool and cotton hunting clothing makers out there doing it the right way for the same prices as this Chinese relabeled stuff. Look what a German or Brit wears on a hunt in style and then realize some of their attire was their grandfathers because it lasts that long. Big difference!

The irony is none of this stuff lasts very long. I bought a pair of first lite briefs for $60 and I kid you not, they lasted ONE hunt day. Rough shooting, walk up, 8 hours, holes began to form. That was my lesson with these new, high price hunting clothing companies.

My tailor in the UK makes me an entire shooting suit by hand with first world labor charges for exactly the same price kuiu/Sitka/blaser/first lite charge for their Chinese stuff. The big difference beyond profit margin and inferior raw materials is that my shooting suits look good after 100 days of wear, rather than trash-bin worthy after one outing.

I may sound jaded, but I’m old school. There are so many exceptional wool and cotton hunting clothing makers out there doing it the right way for the same prices as this Chinese relabeled stuff. Look what a German or Brit wears on a hunt in style and then realize some of their attire was their grandfathers because it lasts that long. Big difference!
In the East Africa hunting heyday, one arrived in Nairobi by train and stayed in the New Stanley Hotel. The Indian tailor came to measure you up and there on your bed a day or two later were your khaki safari outfits, beautifully pressed, ready for the journey into the interior. Those are the ones the grandkids inherit. Westley Richards does exact copies today. Blaser - blah!

In the East Africa hunting heyday, one arrived in Nairobi by train and stayed in the New Stanley Hotel. The Indian tailor came to measure you up and there on your bed a day or two later were your khaki safari outfits, beautifully pressed, ready for the journey into the interior. Those are the ones the grandkids inherit. Westley Richards does exact copies today. Blaser - blah!
I like it! I’m going to ask my wife to iron my elk hunting clothes before I leave for camp. I just have to make sure I’m out of iron throwing range. Might work? Ha!

Blaser R8...available in carbon fiber camo. :oops: News flash, I'm not a fan of camo anything, but everyone has their own preference.

I get it, I get it. There are those who want a carbon fiber, camo, lightweight goat rifle and Blaser's research probably showed they were loosing market share to other companies who were offering it...so I get it.

But this was the "BIG NEWS" they were promoting? Weak. I'm a fan of the Blaser R8 rifle system, but calling for something BIG and delivering this is disappointing.
1627814497136.png

I hope that they start offering the R-8 in .505 Gibbs ( which is unlikely , because they already offer it in .500 Jeffery ) .

I hope that they start offering the R-8 in .505 Gibbs ( which is unlikely , because they already offer it in .500 Jeffery ) .

Blaser needs to throw away the stock design and create a magnum stock with internal magazine that handles 4 rounds.

I’m intrigued to own a Blaser, but the low mag capacity and switch barrel features are of no value to me. Hence, I’m thinking the heym magnum straight pull might be better for my preferences.

I wish they’d take safari rifles more seriously. The action is fine, the magazine and stock are holding it back for magnum sized safari offerings.

Blaser needs to throw away the stock design and create a magnum stock with internal magazine that handles 4 rounds.

I’m intrigued to own a Blaser, but the low mag capacity and switch barrel features are of no value to me. Hence, I’m thinking the heym magnum straight pull might be better for my preferences.

I wish they’d take safari rifles more seriously. The action is fine, the magazine and stock are holding it back for magnum sized safari offerings.
3+1 in 458LOTT...is this not a true magnum length action with the same magazine capacity as the much beloved Win M70? How many more cartridges would you like?

If it was American, it would read like this:

the ALL NEW 6.5mm Blaser round!!!
Built on a totally brand new cartridge with a 0.473" case head!!!

0.0006% faster than 6.5 creedmoor!! Vastly improving the 6.5 bullets expansion characteristics!

0.005% flatter shooting at 2,700yards than .260 Rem!!! No more pesky holdover!

0.0007% more energy than .308 at 875 yards!!!!!!! No more fear that you haven't brought enough gun!

Fits in a .22 LR length action for ultralight rifle design.

Achieves all of this from a standard 17 lb tactical rifle with 31 picatinny rails for accessories!!!! Simply practical and nothing more!

The all new 6.5 Blaser...

Simply better than everything else by a mile.
@ChrisG
Oh no what are all the 6.5 manbun owners going to do. They will be having coniption fits and crying in their soy lattes. The horror of it all.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

I hope all of you are correct.....
But I'm guessing a line of clothing to compete with Kuiu and Sitka.
I don't think they can stand to see those dollars going to another brand, and I bet most customers of all three overlap.
Well I am going to pretend I hit these right all the time..... anyone need stock advice I might be available ... actually I am sad it was correct I would rather it had actually been a product I needed or would use

new is:
the supresser-thread may now make on an R8 exclusively Blaser (cost € 500.- !!) and the small closure for the muzzle protector costs there 50.- €.
Outrageous Company.
Yes,thats new (n)

Probably they produce new underpants again,piece € 200.-
Blaser.jpg

Last edited:
Im probably old-fashioned, but I still hunt in Johnson wool pants and jackets. I dont wear camo at all when hunting. I don't work for Johnson Woolens, but I would work for a company I believed in if I did.

Sure, a coat is $290, and pants are about the same prices, but they are made in Vermont, and I inherited a pair from my pastor that he wore for 40 years and they were still in great shape. Try that with Kuiu? Kiwi? Keewee? Whatever...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg