I shot a very nice dark bull with Pawprint Safaris a couple of years ago. Took some time to get it back and when I did, I did not clue in right away it was the wrong giraffe. The one I received was waaay smaller, the hair is missing in large patches, the rest is scruffy. I have checked photos and hair patterns and there is no doubt it is not mine. I really wanted my giraffe for the upcoming trophy room, and now every time I see the one I received it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Not sure if I can make it back to Africa, but if I do I think I may have to try for another giraffe, just to set things right.
The pattern indicated is not on the small hide I received. Of course neither Pawprint or Africa Alive Taxidermy - Jan Els, is around any more.
IMG_3096.jpg

I shot a very nice dark bull with Pawprint Safaris a couple of years ago. Took some time to get it back and when I did, I did not clue in right away it was the wrong giraffe. The one I received was waaay smaller, the hair is missing in large patches, the rest is scruffy. I have checked photos and hair patterns and there is no doubt it is not mine. I really wanted my giraffe for the upcoming trophy room, and now every time I see the one I received it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Not sure if I can make it back to Africa, but if I do I think I may have to try for another giraffe, just to set things right.
The pattern indicated is not on the small hide I received. Of course neither Pawprint or Africa Alive Taxidermy - Jan Els, is around any more. View attachment 345141
We are very sorry to hear that you did not receive your original hide Rick, that is a seriously beautiful black/dark giraffe bull and one to be very proud of!

Only 1 hunt still left for 2021 guys! Thank you to everyone for the inquiries, we appreciate it tremendously!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Did you know that the "horns" on top of a giraffes head are actually called ossicles or ossicones! This black bull had some exceptionally thick ones which we are sure he put to good use fighting off rival males. Okapi interestingly enough also have them.
IMG_20200414_131156.jpg

Beautiful bull spotted the other day!
IMG_20200720_154709.jpg

IMG_20200720_154709.jpg

Wow, those are soooo cool! Maybe someday I’ll convince the little lady to let me add one of these gorgeous trophies to the trophy room! Stunning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg