Big shout out to Alaska Arms LLC

Voodooracer

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I just wanted to take a minute to give a big shout out and thumbs up to the folks at Alaska arms llc, I purchased a pair of their quick detach scope rings for my ruger guide gun in 416 ruger through Brownells.com. Brownells shipped me two of the same height rings and as most of you know the Ruger's utilize a higher ring in the rear and a lower one up front. So I got the package from brownells with the same sized rings and contacted alaska arms. I received an email reply with the correct sizing information I needed and they had shipped out a new ring of the correct height the same day I sent out the return ring of incorrect height. This happened Thursday evening and today, Saturday in my hand is the correct ring I needed! Communication was excellent and prompt. The quality of the rings are top notch. I would highly recommend these folks, they are wonderful to deal with and their rings are well worth the extra money!
Voodooracer

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
It's great when you get good customer service, too bad it's almost a surprise anymore.

Voodooracer

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
You are exactly right Phoenix Phil, it's getting rarer and rarer. Thankfully there are still a few out there!

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
I think you will really like the rings. I have two sets of them. When I remove the scope and replace it the bullet goes in the same hole....a bigger hole, but the same hole.

Morris is a class act.

Voodooracer

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
That's great to hear! I can't wait to see how well they hold up. Morris was out of town while I had the mix up so I was in contact with his wife Alberta, she was extremely pleasant and helpful throughout the process. Very very nice people.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
You may have already seen one of his videos. If not, this is what you can expect.

If I remember correct he guarantees 1/4 MOA. Makes you feel comfortable going into a DG hunt incase you need to remove the scope and later put it back on.

All the best.

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
I bought a set of AA Rings last year ,,maybe a little more difficult to set-up than standard permanant mounts but once there installed they are Rock solid,,I had to return the first set because I needed a taller mount, One phone call was all it took
P1000948.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MargaretFr

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.