big bore rifle competition

jdteeter

New member
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Member of
SCI, NRA
I'm prepping for a future African trip and would like to get some more lifelike pratice with my .416 Rem. I've heard of big bore competitions with moving silhouettes of dangerous game etc, but I can't find any on the web. It seems like this would be a fun way to get in some shooting practice and meet some fellow big gun shooters.

Does anyone know of this type of shoot in Southern California or somewhere close?
 
NRA Shooting Range Directory

The NRA has a shooting range directory, click here to look up and contact shooting ranges near you to find out if they have moving silhouettes...
 
If memory serves, the **NOT**PERMITTED** Ranch or maybe Thunder Ranch offered a big bore hunting rifle course. It involved moving targets, stalking etc. Seems I read about it in the SCI magazine.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,364
Members
169,543
Latest member
BarneyBroc
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top