big bore rifle competition

jdteeter

Reaction score
Member of
SCI, NRA
I'm prepping for a future African trip and would like to get some more lifelike pratice with my .416 Rem. I've heard of big bore competitions with moving silhouettes of dangerous game etc, but I can't find any on the web. It seems like this would be a fun way to get in some shooting practice and meet some fellow big gun shooters.

Does anyone know of this type of shoot in Southern California or somewhere close?

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
NRA Shooting Range Directory

The NRA has a shooting range directory, click here to look up and contact shooting ranges near you to find out if they have moving silhouettes...

Macs B

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
If memory serves, the **NOT**PERMITTED** Ranch or maybe Thunder Ranch offered a big bore hunting rifle course. It involved moving targets, stalking etc. Seems I read about it in the SCI magazine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carriqwe

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh