Big Bore Addiction Group

i contacted North Fork a little while back and they confirmed they are working on a .585" bullet.

i didn't even think of Hawk... will have to check em out!

-matt
 
no time frame yet, but they said they planned on making a flat point solid and a cup point solid. unfortunately they wont be making a soft point.

-matt
 
yep... if you can find them. Midwayusa.com has been out of stock for a while and i haven't seen anyone else carry them. the 650gr BPE bullet looks like it would be good for NA game and cheap plinking. (its cheaper then Hawk)

-matt
 
650g plinking ... that is actually funny! Matt ... you sir, are truly an addict!!!

:cautious: yer probably right... but dont tell any one. if people figure that out then it will be harder to get them to join me!

-matt
 
Speaking of big bore addicts, AKMike really I enjoyed meeting you in person yesterday.
Also, I noticed right away that you're much better looking these days, than you were back when your photo was taken.
 
LOL, I lost more feathers since then though!

It was good to finally be able to put a face with the name also. Hopefully Cal will know more about the timing for the big 'shoot' soon. :D
 
let me know about that shoot. AK isnt exactly close but if the plane ticket isnt too bad and i can convince one of you guys to put me up for the night id be willing to try and make it.

Mr. Hubel told me my rifle should be done some time next month. if all goes well ill have a 505 Gibbs and a 585 HE for you guys to play with.

-matt
 
Weeeellll..... I took out the 416 today and put some big holes in a wildebeest target. Starting to get the hang of this big bore thing. Shot well, I used the life sized target of a blue wildebeest and put 4 shots as fast as I could accurately in the heart lungs. Shot a 3" group at 100 yards. Still flinching a smidge but getting better. Shot 15 rounds. Shoulder is a little sore but not too bad as a whole groups kinda went to crap after about 10 rounds but it's a definite improvement.
 
let me know about that shoot. AK isnt exactly close but if the plane ticket isnt too bad and i can convince one of you guys to put me up for the night id be willing to try and make it.

Mr. Hubel told me my rifle should be done some time next month. if all goes well ill have a 505 Gibbs and a 585 HE for you guys to play with.

-matt

Hi Matt85,

Three hour flight from Seattle dude.

I have a wedding to attend on May 9th and a fishing/hunting invitation toward the end of May (rockfish, shrimp & black bear in Prince William Sound).

My job will be deck hand and backing my bow hunter pal on bear, with my rifle.

He has taken several bear with his wooden bow (not a wheel-bow) and home-spun arrows but, prefers to have a rifle person in stack when closing with his animal.

However, if the shoot is on a Sat or Sun that does not conflict with those events, you are very welcome to stay at my shack (you'd have your own room/full bath, etc).

If you've ever sampled deep fried rock fish and fresh shrimp from the trap Alaskan shrimp, you would totally forgive me for shrugging off shooting at paper targets, African double rifles or not.

Cheers,
El Doggeroo.
 
Last edited:
if the shoot is anywhere around mid May then i wont be able to make it. i fly out for Johannesburg on May 9th and wont be back till the 19th.

-matt
 
if the shoot is anywhere around mid May then i wont be able to make it. i fly out for Johannesburg on May 9th and wont be back till the 19th.

-matt

You go to the wedding for me and I will go to Tambo International for you.
 
oh no, id feel guilty keeping you from that rock fish and shrimp. :A Tease:

-matt
 
You go to the wedding for me and I will go to Tambo International for you.

Let me think a minute, who is loosing out on that deal?
 
Hi Matt85,

Three hour flight from Seattle dude.

I have a wedding to attend on May 9th and a fishing/hunting invitation toward the end of May (rockfish, shrimp & black bear in Prince William Sound).

My job will be deck hand and backing my bow hunter pal on bear, with my rifle.

He has taken several bear with his wooden bow (not a wheel-bow) and home-spun arrows but, prefers to have a rifle person in stack when closing with his animal.

However, if the shoot is on a Sat or Sun that does not conflict with those events, you are very welcome to stay at my shack (you'd have your own room/full bath, etc).

If you've ever sampled deep fried rock fish and fresh shrimp from the trap Alaskan shrimp, you would totally forgive me for shrugging off shooting at paper targets, African double rifles or not.

Cheers,
El Doggeroo.

Dog, you sure make rock fish and shrimp sound awfully good!
 
The shoots are usually on a Saturday or Sunday. Most of us are working during the week. ;)

Matt if you can't find any of the 650 Ozzie bullets by the time the gun comes in I'll front you a couple of boxes. Just replace them and cover postage.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,018
Members
169,687
Latest member
WallaceBlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top