Best online source for premium ammunition?

mdwest

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
So I thought buying a couple of extra boxes of hunting ammo prior to tomorrows festivities might not be a bad idea.. depending on how things work out tomorrow, I anticipate a possible mad dash to every Wal-Mart, cabellas, and bass pro shop in north America to buy every round of everything from .22LR to .600 NE currently on the shelves..

I wasn't really looking to "stockpile" so much as just make sure I have enough of everything I routinely shoot so that if/when this mad dash occurs, Ill have ammo to get me through until the madness ends and supply can catch back up with demand... (just wanted to add an additional 6-9 boxes between 3 calibers to what I already have on hand)..

Granted.. the calibers/ammo I was looking for aren't all that "common" in North America.. and I was looking for some very specific ammo that I know my rifles particularly like (8x57 Norma Oryx 196gr, 375HH Nosler Trophy Grade 260gr partition, and 7mm WSM Federal Trophy Bonded 160gr)...

But.. I literally had to shop more than 20 vendors before I could find one place that actually had all three in stock... (thank God for ammoseek.com)...

Where have you guys found to be reliable sources of premium hunting ammo? I used to just go to midwayusa or brownells if I wanted to order online.. and either cabellas or gander mountain anytime I wanted to hit an actual brick and mortar store.. but Ive been finding midway and brownells to be "out of stock" as often as not lately.. and the last time I was in Cabellas (last week).. they had zero options for 8x57, zero options for 7mm WSM, and only 3 options for .375HH.. when I was in Gander Mountain about 2 weeks ago they had zero options for all three calibers (no 8x57, 7mm WSM, or .375 on the shelves at all..)...

Ammo supply.com, I have purchased both rifle and handgun ammo there for pretty good prices before

I have used Midway USA and Midsouth Shooters

Like you said ammoseek.com.

Find the best deal and hope they have it all

Ammo supply is a good one, Graf's usually has about any odd ball ammo or brass

Just type in the cartridge you seek and "for sale" in the search engine and see all the on-line stores pop-up.

IMO, when you are buying .375 (and related) and larger, there won't be an issue. It's those guys buying, 5.56, 300 Blk Out, 9mm, .45 and such that may run into problem in the short term.

I like Ammo To Go www.ammunitiontogo.com too. They seem to be a little cheaper on average than many, but their stock is a little wonky sometimes. You won't have as many choices as someone like Midway, that's for certain.

Grafs is far and away the best price and has cash/check and case price discounts.

Wholesale plus 10%.

Example: $95 box of 375HH was $72.

Grafs is far and away the best price and has cash/check and case price discounts.

Wholesale plus 10%.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up!

Agree with Reedy, never heard of Grafs!

neither have I until this thread

http://www.grafs.com/catalog/category/categoryId/1

Looks like they have a good selection in stock.. and prices are pretty good as well... I would have saved about $10 off my order had I known about them yesterday... and all 3 rounds I was looking for are currently in stock (not always easy to find)...

Thanks for the info! Ill be checking them out again in the future..

Wholesale plus 10%.

And this is why I like ammoseek.com so much. Not sure where the $95 came from, but the $72 is obviously Barnes ammo by looking at the website.

For giggles I decided I was going to "buy" five boxes at grafs. Total with shipping was $366. Then I went to ammoseek.com. For that round ammo liquidators was the cheapest at $343. I will take the $23 bucks and put it in my pocket everyday, all day long. I won't get loyal to an online retailer for something like ammo. That's a commodity and I'm going cheap. :)

I reload my 7mmRM and 375HH and get my components from Sportsmans Warehouse. They are usually cheaper, especially with my military discount, and have the bullets I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg