Best online source for premium ammunition?

mdwest

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
So I thought buying a couple of extra boxes of hunting ammo prior to tomorrows festivities might not be a bad idea.. depending on how things work out tomorrow, I anticipate a possible mad dash to every Wal-Mart, cabellas, and bass pro shop in north America to buy every round of everything from .22LR to .600 NE currently on the shelves..

I wasn't really looking to "stockpile" so much as just make sure I have enough of everything I routinely shoot so that if/when this mad dash occurs, Ill have ammo to get me through until the madness ends and supply can catch back up with demand... (just wanted to add an additional 6-9 boxes between 3 calibers to what I already have on hand)..

Granted.. the calibers/ammo I was looking for aren't all that "common" in North America.. and I was looking for some very specific ammo that I know my rifles particularly like (8x57 Norma Oryx 196gr, 375HH Nosler Trophy Grade 260gr partition, and 7mm WSM Federal Trophy Bonded 160gr)...

But.. I literally had to shop more than 20 vendors before I could find one place that actually had all three in stock... (thank God for ammoseek.com)...

Where have you guys found to be reliable sources of premium hunting ammo? I used to just go to midwayusa or brownells if I wanted to order online.. and either cabellas or gander mountain anytime I wanted to hit an actual brick and mortar store.. but Ive been finding midway and brownells to be "out of stock" as often as not lately.. and the last time I was in Cabellas (last week).. they had zero options for 8x57, zero options for 7mm WSM, and only 3 options for .375HH.. when I was in Gander Mountain about 2 weeks ago they had zero options for all three calibers (no 8x57, 7mm WSM, or .375 on the shelves at all..)...

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Ammo supply.com, I have purchased both rifle and handgun ammo there for pretty good prices before

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
I have used Midway USA and Midsouth Shooters

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Like you said ammoseek.com.

Find the best deal and hope they have it all

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Ammo supply is a good one, Graf's usually has about any odd ball ammo or brass

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Just type in the cartridge you seek and "for sale" in the search engine and see all the on-line stores pop-up.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
IMO, when you are buying .375 (and related) and larger, there won't be an issue. It's those guys buying, 5.56, 300 Blk Out, 9mm, .45 and such that may run into problem in the short term.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)

abenson229

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, Safari Club International
I like Ammo To Go www.ammunitiontogo.com too. They seem to be a little cheaper on average than many, but their stock is a little wonky sometimes. You won't have as many choices as someone like Midway, that's for certain.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Grafs is far and away the best price and has cash/check and case price discounts.

Wholesale plus 10%.

Example: $95 box of 375HH was $72.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Grafs is far and away the best price and has cash/check and case price discounts.

Wholesale plus 10%.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up!

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Agree with Reedy, never heard of Grafs!

mdwest

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
neither have I until this thread

http://www.grafs.com/catalog/category/categoryId/1

Looks like they have a good selection in stock.. and prices are pretty good as well... I would have saved about $10 off my order had I known about them yesterday... and all 3 rounds I was looking for are currently in stock (not always easy to find)...

Thanks for the info! Ill be checking them out again in the future..

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)

Wholesale plus 10%.

And this is why I like ammoseek.com so much. Not sure where the $95 came from, but the $72 is obviously Barnes ammo by looking at the website.

For giggles I decided I was going to "buy" five boxes at grafs. Total with shipping was $366. Then I went to ammoseek.com. For that round ammo liquidators was the cheapest at $343. I will take the $23 bucks and put it in my pocket everyday, all day long. I won't get loyal to an online retailer for something like ammo. That's a commodity and I'm going cheap. :)

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
I reload my 7mmRM and 375HH and get my components from Sportsmans Warehouse. They are usually cheaper, especially with my military discount, and have the bullets I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kobertymillis

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J