Best mask for airline travel? Advise needed

Isn’t a boat quicker! Lol
You would think!….. Even got a quote for private air charter from DFW-MAO and back; but $60K is way to steep for me.

Oh and with the new flights - 8hrs of it will be in coach; even though we booked business 5 months ago!

Seriously; this is why I avoid American Airlines if at all possible.

You would think!….. Even got a quote for private air charter from DFW-MAO and back; but $60K is way to steep for me.

Oh and with the new flights - 8hrs of it will be in coach; even though we booked business 5 months ago!

Seriously; this is why I avoid American Airlines if at all possible.
That sucks man! I try to avoid them as well.

Ask the Airline. I flew Lufthansa last year and they required the blue medical masks.

When my surgical mask ear loop broke yesterday at the doctor's office. I ask the doc, if I needed to get another mask

She replied "does your underwear hold in your farts?"

I think I'll be going back to her.

(I recommend the most comfortable thing you can get away with)

I can go along with their mask policy but when they pack the plane full that's when I have issues. It more about money than stopping the virus. Oh but you can take it off when you buy an expensive drink. No wonder some have gone nuts and attacked stewardesses.

We flew Qatar last summer and I had my mask down most if not all of the trip. No one said a word. The planes were half full except on the return flight to the states.

I may be way off here, but I thought that the N95 mask some recommend requires a fit test? If so, it is totally inappropriate for the general public. I can’t begin to remember how many fit tests I had throughout my career. It’s not something that could easily be done at home. Oh, and it is virtually impossible to get a seal with any facial hair in the seal area.
It does require a fit test. And, although the best disposable mask, the manufacturers, who had to perform clinical trials, explicitly state they provide no protection from viruses. Even full face respirators do not. You need very expensive active breathing gear if that is what you want

I would recommend you bring along a handful of loose fitting surgeons masks (you will want to change them) along with a handful of cloth/linen/spandex breath easy masks. In my experience the past 18 months, compliance is spotty at best and certainly not in the lounges or up front.

When my surgical mask ear loop broke yesterday at the doctor's office. I ask the doc, if I needed to get another mask

She replied "does your underwear hold in your farts?"

I think I'll be going back to her.

(I recommend the most comfortable thing you can get away with)
Tell that to the millions of medical workers around the world that wear masks. I guess they are all idiots.

Tell that to the millions of medical workers around the world that wear masks. I guess they are all idiots.
Medical masks are not designed to protect the doctor. They are are better referred to as surgeons masks and they do nothing for viruses. The doctors I work with take off their masks when not in patient view, even hospitals, the most germ laden environment you can find.

OK. The whole world is stupid. You are smart.

I just happen to work in MedTech with a lot doctors in a lot of hospitals. And a lot of mask testing.

Yes and we are all hunters and experts in our field too. There is incompetence everywhere.

Actually the whole world is stupid (a better word is probably ignorant) on this issue. And I hasten to add I am not of the anti-vaccine conspiracy mafia. The vast majority of health professionals will tell you - most privately - that most masks are of limited to zero value in stopping viral material. The blue masks and bandanas are particularly useless.

My personal sense of safe environments isn't so well refined that I can tell the difference in shopping unmasked at the grocery store, sitting in a crowded restaurant, packed in a stadium, or attending DSC to sitting in the highly filtrated air of a passenger plane.

We haven't had mandatory masking in Texas for a year. Our kids have been in school for all that time - without masks. Even most of the precious little liberals in Austin are finally sneaking around out of uniform. Our hospital and death rates are about like Florida - low middle of the pack and lower than most of the Northeast including NY.

It is time to move on, and the airline industry would be a great next stop.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.55.10.png

My son is a nurse, he had to work the covid floor of his hospital one day while while wearing the N95 - properly fitted and inspected by professionals at the hospital (as he did everyday).

5 days after working the covid floor, he had covid...

Actually the whole world is stupid (a better word is probably ignorant) on this issue. And I hasten to add I am not of the anti-vaccine conspiracy mafia. The vast majority of health professionals will tell you - most privately - that most masks are of limited to zero value in stopping viral material. The blue masks and bandanas are particularly useless.

Spot on!

Ironically, if you recall in January of 2020 Fauci, the CDC, and the WHO all admitted this and actually discouraged mask wearing at the time.. It wasn't until they began to lose control of their own self-created hysteria and had to come up with some kind of virtue-signaling distraction to give the masses at least something upon which to base a false sense of security. The easiest and most obvious distraction was to flip-flop on the cloth mask nonsense and here we are 2 years later and counting with half the country still doubling and tripling down on the same nonsensical policies based on everything but the actual science.

If you've had the opportunity to travel around this country in the last 2 years, you would see the existence of two completely different realities between the blue states and the free states.. If you go to NYC or LA it's as if the pandemic was just beginning. If you go to Florida or Texas, it's almost as if it never existed.. The fact that we have allowed so many non-elected, partisan, agenda-driven bureaucrats to accumulate so much power in this country is mind-boggling. It's terrifying, pathetic, maddening, and sad all at the same time..

Interesting options available on Amazon.

1642798414476.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg