Best looking round

The .600 Nitro Express, delivering misery at both ends for 122 years. What a beast.

Actually...its not that bad to shoot..

I have to add in the 6.5x52r or 25-35 Winchester

20220118_100504.jpg

Was just about to try those out, but in .270 Win. I think the proportions of the 270 Winchester are anatomically correct.View attachment 446893
I agree with the 270win, although I think it looks best with a long low drag bullet like a eldx seated long. Svelte is a good description I reckon, especially when compared to a stumpy,frumpy looking cartridge like 308 or God forbid a wssm.

There are 3 beautifully proportioned cartridges all with the same body taper, neck length just bigger &
smaller versions of the 30/06 . The 222 rem 30/06 & 50 BMG and of course we have the super sexy 6.5CM i had to add that to the list for for Bob 35 you know who.View attachment 447423
@rdog
Nice mate. The 6.5 man bun is nice but not as sleek and sexy as the 6.5x55 Swede. A bit like comparing Marilyn Monroes legs are the Swede. Your legs are the manbun. Not a pretty picture. Saying the manbun is sexy is akin to saying the 243 is a hunting cartridge, total bullshit.
Bob

@rdog
Nice mate. The 6.5 man bun is nice but not as sleek and sexy as the 6.5x55 Swede. A bit like comparing Marilyn Monroes legs are the Swede. Your legs are the manbun. Not a pretty picture. Saying the manbun is sexy is akin to saying the 243 is a hunting cartridge, total bullshit.
Bobe
Bob i have to agree the 6.5x55 is a wonderful cartridge that's why i have 2, a Tikka ultra lite &a M38 swede, i got caught up in the 6.5 cm thing for long distance target shooting using a short action Howa .

I like the diminutive ones and midsize ones that can reach out a skosh.

IMG_20220118_194802970_HDR.jpg

L to R 17HMR 17 Fireball 22BR 28 Nosler 30-28 Nosler.

Bob i have to agree the 6.5x55 is a wonderful cartridge that's why i have 2, a Tikka ultra lite &a M38 swede, i got caught up in the 6.5 cm thing for long distance target shooting using a short action Howa .
@rdog
As Gomer Pyle said to sgt Carter. Shame, shame,shame. Why would you use a manbun when you have a perfectly good rifle in the Tikka. You could have got a heavy barrel Howa in the Swede that would probably have shot as well as the manbun or better. My mates Howa Swede shoots itty-bitty groups with ELDX reloads that are comparable and in a lot of cases better than the mabun groups I have seen.
So shame, shame, shame mate.
Bob

65D744BF-BCFB-4BBC-92F6-80C7DC30AF8A.jpeg

I know Weatherby rounds don’t get much love amongst the AH crowd; however, no single round has been more effective for me than the 300 Weatherby Magnum.

Whitetails, wild boars, bison, moose, bears, pronghorn, mule deer, sable, zebra, nyala.

A true workhorse. That double radius shoulder is still as sexy now as when I discovered them as a teen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you