Best Duty Free DFW-DOH-JNB?

The duty free shop at Tambo was open when I flew home on May 30, the only bourbon I saw was Makers Mark and Wild Turkey, lots of Tennesee whiskey varieties of Jack Daniel's. And a single bottle of Woodford Reserve Baccarat, locked in a glass case, for 25,000 Rand.

View attachment 406699
But I can’t buy there on the way going just on the way back.

Duty Free in Doha just had the more common stuff when I popped in. The did have a Woodford Double Oak which would have been my choice taste wise.

Tambo had an even smaller selection like stated above.
WoodFord is one that I really like.

There are some in my group who would like to bring their favorite bottle to camp. With all the cancellations I find myself, after 15 trips, on a totally new route to Africa! If we are going to hit the duty free shops for a bottle of whiskey, scotch, etc which one should we choose? I would assume our best bet would be DOH but I’ve not been there. Do they sell alcohol there? I don’t think you can shop at the duty free store once you land in JNB from what I remember. I do recall getting some bottles in JNB when I was connecting to Zim. Now that is a place I’d recommend bringing your own bottle.
I am the adventurous type and actually learned to drink scotch in Africa because I just drink whatever is available. Scotch is all they have most places so “when in Rome”!
Although the beer is great, especially in Namibia, after some time you just want a whiskey after a long day.
I’d appreciate your thoughts on this critical issue
Regards
Philip
big 5 in Tambo is open and the ones in Doha are open. You should not have much issue finding what you want in Doha. (don't open the plastic bag though till you get where your going as I was informed this is a crime in Qatar.)

But I can’t buy there on the way going just on the way back.
Yes, that's correct. When I arrived there were no stores open (was a Monday afternoon), versus when I flew home the duty-free store was open and a couple souvenier shops. Disappointing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg