Best AR triggers

That trigger is good enough for Jerry Miculek. It is a good trigger at a good value. He was shooting the AR gold before Mossberg picked him up.

I’m a bit of a trigger geek. I have any number of very very good triggers. The mossberg trigger blew me away. Great value for money.

I’m a bit of a trigger geek. I have any number of very very good triggers. The mossberg trigger blew me away. Great value for money.
I didnt even know mossberg was making a trigger for an AR (other than the basic mil-spec they put in their production rifles).. I'll have to check it out....

The Mossberg trigger is this the Mossberg JM PRO? I have not tried any mossberg triggers but did a google search for mossberg ar15 trigger and that's what came up

Another Geissele fan here. I don't think you can go wrong with the SSA or SSA-E in your AR.

I've used/shot a variety of triggers in my AR's (CMC, Geissele, Timney, Rise Armament, Trigger Tech, Elfman, Rare Breed, Franklin Armory, etc.). It really depends what you're doing with your guns, but for me I always seem to come back to Geissele SSA/SSA-E for a semi auto gun.
Haha nice I see your list has some specialty models
haven't tried them myself but have heard good things

I have a couple of these. They seem nice, but I am no AR expert.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 7.41.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 7.41.41 AM.png
    796.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 7.41.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 7.41.44 AM.png
    483.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 7.41.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 7.41.47 AM.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 21
CMC in mine at 2.5 lbs, run great. I have been doing run-n-guns so lots of rounds down range and they take a beating on the run, water and dust. Catch them on sale for $139 ish.

CMC in mine at 2.5 lbs, run great. I have been doing run-n-guns so lots of rounds down range and they take a beating on the run, water and dust. Catch them on sale for $139 ish.
I got mine at an atwoods on sale for $99 a few months ago. Wish I had bought more

It looks like the trigger is a collaboration between Mossberg and Jerry Miculek. Also, the Rifle Gear store in The Colony has them in stock for about $150 - https://www.riflegear.com/p-10032-mossberg-jm-pro-mmr-drop-in-trigger.aspx

(yes, I realize I am spending your money again). ;-)

Ive actually never been in that shop before.. every time I drive to the airport (at least once a month) I pass it and tell myself "I need to check that place out"... but have never gone inside..

I take it that they are more of a "tactical" type rifle shop? geared towards ARs, suppressors, handguns, etc?

Geissele Super Tricon is the best duty grade reliable trigger on the market IMO.

The only aftermarket trigger to pass SOCOM testing and be issued is the Geissele.
Now we're jumping down rabbit holes. The G word is a lot of fun. If they would do a selector switch to go from the 3 gun trigger to the SSP they'd be into something.

Anyone else putting high mileage on AR triggers here? Mine is not by ammunition alone. I have a Mantis Blackbeard and it was probably the best investment I have made with the AR. It took the gun from an unfamiliar thing to an extension.

Haha nice I see your list has some specialty models
haven't tried them myself but have heard good things
Gotta build the gun for what you intend to do with it, but I still go back to Geissele for a good do all.

It doesnt get better than AR Gold for light, crisp break and short reset.

Triggertech diamonds are also very nice. Timney DH was designed by Daniel Horner who shot AR Gold when he was in the AMU so it's pretty close too

It doesnt get better than AR Gold for light, crisp break and short reset.

Triggertech diamonds are also very nice. Timney DH was designed by Daniel Horner who shot AR Gold when he was in the AMU so it's pretty close too
Daniel is a good guy for sure, have shot a lot of matches with him.

My only complaint about the AR Gold is the trigger shoe width. I find it narrow, I have not tried the straight shoe it does look a little wider.

Both Jerry and Daniel ran AR Gold and I would guess both of their trigger feel close to original.

Triggertech is not cheap, they feel very nice. I have just ended up going with them on most of my builds now.

Daniel is a good guy for sure, have shot a lot of matches with him.

My only complaint about the AR Gold is the trigger shoe width. I find it narrow, I have not tried the straight shoe it does look a little wider.

Both Jerry and Daniel ran AR Gold and I would guess both of their trigger feel close to original.

Triggertech is not cheap, they feel very nice. I have just ended up going with them on most of my builds now.
Most of mine are straight, I do have 1 or 2 curved I think though. Never bothered me, but I also cant stand big triggers like the plastic shoe that's an option on hiperfires. Personal preference obviously.

Not to get too sidetracked but what type of matches did you shoot with Daniel?

Most of mine are straight, I do have 1 or 2 curved I think though. Never bothered me, but I also cant stand big triggers like the plastic shoe that's an option on hiperfires. Personal preference obviously.

Not to get too sidetracked but what type of matches did you shoot with Daniel?
PRS matches, some were before the PRS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!