Beretta 486 Parallelo

Roan

AH enthusiast
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
425
Reaction score
398
Location
Hermanus
Media
11
Member of
NHSA, SA Wingshooters, SA Hunters
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Hi

Just bought one of these 486 Parallelo's

What to know what you guy's opinions are on them.

Like them? don't like them?

Should have probably asked for info before I bought it...
images
 

Attachments

  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 728
Last edited by a moderator:
We love them. A vast improvement over the previous Beretta entry level SXS. We have sold several with zero complaints. VERY smooth handling, superb build quality, very "British" in their feel in many ways. Congrats on a fine purchase!
 
I handled one recently when I bought my SP3. It's a lovely gun that is bound to make it into my collection sooner rather than later.
 
Roan if you like it that is all that matters. It likes like a nice gun to me! Have you had the chance to shoot it yet?
 
We love them. A vast improvement over the previous Beretta entry level SXS. We have sold several with zero complaints. VERY smooth handling, superb build quality, very "British" in their feel in many ways. Congrats on a fine purchase!
Agree with Ernie, handled them in London and in Dallas although never fired one. They feel verrrrrry British. Much less expensive than a new Brit gun from the majors builders, but around the same price as many of the older Birmingham box locks!

I think you probably did well Roan. The Brit SxS s can grow on you very fast and I suspect this Italian SxS will do the same.
 
I handled a few of these in 20 gauge and was pretty impressed, nice round body, the two I saw had very nice figure in the wood and balanced nicely, I was in the market for a 20 sxs at the time as well but I personally just could not justify a sxs with a single selectable trigger, I was not overly fond of the laser engraving either but I could live with that
 
Very, very nice shotgun.

I seriously doubt that you'll ever part with it.
 
I live in SW London sir!
There is a Beretta Gallery at 36 St. James St. just a very few blocks from William Evans. Stop by there for a visit and see everything they currently make!
 
That is my only complaint, single triggers. All that I've seen were single triggers and I like double triggers on double guns.
 
The barrel selector ( operated by a single selective trigger ) occasionally does not work , if the operator is using lightly loaded shotgun shells ( such as Rio 36 gram 2 3/4 inch # 7 1/2 shotgun shells ) . This is because Beretta employs an inertia operated trigger . I have personally witnessed this occurring during a snipe hunt , last December .
 
Beretta, single trigger, sxs......:E Shocked::E Horrified::E Excited:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,216
Members
169,965
Latest member
CathrynBeg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top