DudleyR

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
SOAZ IPHA ZPHGA SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe South Africa
Greetings
I have two bull elephant and one leopard which I am needing to take off this year, and have brought the prices down to a crazy bargain deal to get them off my Gokwe South quota this year.The elephant bull is exportable from Zimbabwe to any country except of course the USA, so I am quoting it as a "non export" bull hunt for the bargain price of $12,800 and if you want to export the ivory then you only pay the export trophy fee of $2000 plus the tag and ivory registration of $300. These elephant are around the 30 Lb/side trophies. This is a day hunt, but night hunting can be done aswell.
If you want to add the elephant to the 10 day Leopard hunt that is fine, and if you have a friend who wants to join you I can arrange a 2 x 1 hunt at $475/day for 12 days. I do have elephant bulls available in other areas but there is a camp fee of $100/person /day. Our quotas close on the 31 December 15. There is an $60/day Parks scout fee but we send him back the day the elephant is taken.
Cheers Dudley Rogers
Tshabezi Safaris

PH's Dudley and Clinton Rogers and Lorry Van Aswegen

6 x $700/ day.........................................................$ 4,200
Elephant................................................................ $ 7,000
Tags, Tax, Transfers...............................................$ 1,600
Total........................................................................$12,800

10 days x $700/day .............................................$ 7,000
Leopard..................................................................$ 5,000.
Taxes Tags and transfers......................................$ 1,600
Total.......................................................................$ 13,600..
I suggest a 5 day prebait x $200/ day plus baits x$150 each

Observers $200/day

The hunt includes
Pick up at Bulawayo airport the day before the hunt starts and return the day after the hunt ends.
All food and drinks,wine, beer, bottled water and and soft drinks and some spirits. If you use any special drink please bring some, or let us know to get it for you.
PH with Land Cruiser and full compliment of staff and trackers.
Use of our rifles and ammo (may ask you to bring something to offset ammo)
Day rates, taxes, transfers. trophy fee of stipulated animal.

Not Included..............
Tips and Gratuities
Trophy fees of other game taken .

Last edited by a moderator:
reasonable deal, but way too late for me... Not enough time this year to do this!!

Oooooh if I had the money I'd jump on this ele hunt. That's a heckofa deal on an ele.

Howzit Uncle Dudley! Welcome to AH, there is nothing reasonable about this!
It is a steal! Great offer!

Guys these are prices we were selling at in 1999

My best always

I did not really start looking at hunting Africa, or paying for any hunting for that matter, until 2011. Now I'm curious, what was the exchange rate in 1999? And would it have been a 6 day elephant hunt quoted in 1999 for that price?

Not saying these are not great deals... They certainly do sound like they are.... but the trophy fee, for what it is, is in line with other great offers that have been publicized these past couple months. The day fees appear to be good deals, some creative marketing by offering less days.... That just may make it a lot more do-able for a few guys.

I'm also curious what happens to the ivory if not exported by the hunter?

I do have to commend a lot of good Zimbabwe operators for hanging in there and trying to figure out how to continue doing business under the current challenges! Some real deals been showing up and Zimbabwe is still a great place to experience some great hunting!

Greetings all and Hi Jaco, Good to be with you all here.
Yes this hunt is the price of yesteryear and I'm about covering cost and looking to pay our council a bit more for schools for this year.
To answer some Questions.... I think the exchange rate was about 3 -400 to US$ 1 because in 2003 November it was 2000 to 1.
Ivory gets registered in your name and after 1 year or after US Fish and wild life opens imports you will have the option to pay the extra plus storage. If you decide you want us to hold it for you and pay the $2300 there will be no storage fee. We make arrangements after the hunt and keep in contact with you.

$1 equate to R6 - R7 (1999) as far as my research shows.
It would probably have been a 10 - 12 day hunt.
Trophy fee mostly includes govt tag fee and a % mark up,

Uncle Dudley I say again good package and a fair deal, it is good to have you here.

My best always

Someone has to have a few free days to go after this offer.

Welcome to AH Dudley!

Ivory gets registered in your name and after 1 year or after US Fish and wild life opens imports you will have the option to pay the extra plus storage. If you decide you want us to hold it for you and pay the $2300 there will be no storage fee. We make arrangements after the hunt and keep in contact with you.

That is a darned square deal and a very decent way to handle the trophy/ivory situation.

I absolutely hate the idea of adding to the economy of the present government in Zimbabwe.... However I do believe that most of the people are still good people stuck in a very bad situation. Having personally experienced the situation there last year, I would do it over in a heartbeat knowing that a fair share of the money does go to support the local people and especially the children, with hunting being pretty much the only source of revenue for the remote villages to pay for good wells and clean water, schools and medical facilities.

And knowing that we hunters are about the only thing that stands in the way of mass elephant killings. Either from ivory poaching or out of revenge and even defense by the locals for the elephants destroying their meager crops and threatening their spartan livelihood they scratch out of the earth.

I encourage my fellow hunters from the USA to consider hunting elephant in Zimbabwe... It is the right thing to do for the elephants at a minimum... And the experience of hunting an elephant in a place the whole village comes out to get the meat is one well worth having and is a huge reward in it's own right. It was humbling to have the village women kneeling and bowing before us in thanks for a bit of meat.

Now if our own government could pull it's collective head out of it's ass and see how things work in the real World.... Well apparently that is too much to ask for.... I would love to get some of our ignorant USFWS personnel out into the Zimbabwean bush to see what the situation is really like :mad:o_O:confused::(

Thanks Brickburn,
The whole 6 day hunt is less than the the trophy fee charged in some areas...
Take care.

Thanks Brickburn,
The whole 6 day hunt is less than the the trophy fee charged in some areas...
Take care.
$1 equate to R6 - R7 (1999) as far as my research shows.
It would probably have been a 10 - 12 day hunt.
Trophy fee mostly includes govt tag fee and a % mark up,

Uncle Dudley I say again good package and a fair deal, it is good to have you here.

My best always
Jaco, in my Zim $ account I have Z$5,000,000,000,000,000,000... That is $5 Quintilian...and it is worth ZIP!

Ain't that the truth!
Sure this will go!
My best always

It's a great deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois