Bad Taxidermy

Id be surprised if another taxidermist would tackle it. I'd be hoping to salvage the hide if I were you but thats just my opinion. The longer it stays on that foam the worse it's getting.

I guess I need to do something pretty quick then. I’ve had it for about 4 months now

I do not have a quality taxidermist anywhere near me and that’s a huge issue.
You ain’t shittin’ on that statement! I’m sorry that he made it look like you killed it by some kind of neck stretching MMA leg hold man!
At least it isn’t this!
DF9D6336-59C5-45DD-9B29-7D6D86980478.jpeg

AAE1DAF2-7CB2-4528-8DA6-0CC980CDC546.jpeg

84069A7A-2102-4281-81A1-602577A2BA63.jpeg
577A4324-F04C-4CFB-864F-0082326D7AF7.jpeg

Hahahahaha are those yours?? High quality right there. Theres just something about the eyes... not quite right :ROFLMAO:

I will neve use this taxidermist again that’s for sure.

Naw, they were in a bar in the hill country. Cats seem to be the most jacked up animal in taxidermy, sad too because of the cats are such beautiful creatures

Bad taxidermy sucks!! I have been burned a couple times as well i now only use one taxidermist that i know i can trust.here is a great mule deer i harvested years ago Taxidermy leaves alot to be desired

Naw, they were in a bar in the hill country. Cats seem to be the most jacked up animal in taxidermy, sad too because of the cats are such beautiful creatures

I agree. No one seems to be able to do cats well. I have a large otter that didn’t turn out as planned either.

I agree. No one seems to be able to do cats well. I have a large otter that didn’t turn out as planned either.
Otter get a better taxidermist! Lol

My wife is planning a leopard hunt (I get to shoot bait apparently). I know it’s sacrilege but If successful, she has decided to go with a flat skin and bleached skull. She really likes leopard flat skins, and we’ve just seen too many jacked up cats. Even guys that regularly turn out great cats seem to have some that just don’t work out right.

Andrew, you REALLY have some bad luck with taxidermists hey? The bobcat and the otter were two different guys?!?! Wow!
I actually feel bad for anyone who gets bad taxidermy, because often it's a memory that you wanted to cherish and honor with the mount as a keepsake. But even though I feel bad for you I couldn't help but actually laugh out loud at some of the comments in this thread!!
I like my fake rock more than the bobcat mount lol
Hahaha you’re in better shape than me because I hate the mount and base equally!!!
It's like they put a cat skin on a kangaroo form.
I'm considering ripping the shitty bobcat off the rock
I think that’s a great idea! I may rip the cat off this one and just look at the log/rock!!!
What I got was what appeared to be a 3D rendering of a kindergartner’s drawing of weasel crossed with a dachshund...only worse.
. If only I wouldn’t have lit it on fire on his front step...
Too funny guys!!!!

I wish I had a picture of my first whitetail buck I shot, I was so proud of this six point buck I had him mounted. When I picked him up he looked like he was getting his first rectal exam ever in his life, I'm sure I had the same look on my face too after my fist exam. The eyes were bugging out of his face and quit big, I took him to another taxidermist a couple years later when I had extra money. The next taxidermist started laughing just as soon as he seen my mount, he asked me what kind of hybrid deer/elk I shot, apparently the previous taxidermist put elk eyes in my whitetail mount, causing the big bugging eyes. I was 19 years old at the time and didn't realize I had been had.

Andrew, you REALLY have some bad luck with taxidermists hey? The bobcat and the otter were two different guys?!?! Wow!
I actually feel bad for anyone who gets bad taxidermy, because often it's a memory that you wanted to cherish and honor with the mount as a keepsake. But even though I feel bad for you I couldn't help but actually laugh out loud at some of the comments in this thread!!

Too funny guys!!!!

Hahahaha very bad luck!!!! The otter was done by a large shop in Tuscaloosa. The bobcat was done by a guy in Brilliant Alabama but believe me, nothing brilliant comes from there!!!

When I created this thread I wanted members to laugh and enjoy the misfortune. I’m glad I could help out and those comments are on point!

I get surprised when I see bad taxidermy in Bass Pro Shops here and there, or a gun store. I wouldn't want my customers to think that's the quality I accept or sell.

Nothing looks deader than a cat. The live just looks sucked out of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!