Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
Last edited:
He's very lucky

@Tgood1 It's a good thing it wasn't a cougar or that's what would have happened!

If you grab any cat by the scruff of the neck like that they pretty much become docile. Now the trick is letting go of it.

On naming chickens I know folks who name all of their farm animals. The kids just know that sooner or later that they will be eating Charlie, Sam, or whatever their name is

If you grab any cat by the scruff of the neck like that they pretty much become docile.
This is true, but I don't know anyone big enough to do that to a bigger cat! Cougars in British Columbia can be over 250lbs and 9 feet long! Who the hell is gonna lift that off the ground by the scruff of it's neck? LOL
I think he was pretty lucky with being able to grab the lynx! Anything more than that and the outcome could have been very different.

Younger Lynx. Not to scared if humans obviously.
If the guy let it go I think that youngster will be back to teach those chickens a lesson or two.

I've had a Lynx stand and stare at me from within ten feet. Turns out I was standing on his kill. He'd covered the remains and I had stumbled on to his kill site. He silently watched until I walked away.
It's a little unnerving to have those yellow eyes silently staring at you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg