Backpacks

My father has a 6.5x55 with a camo stock and scope he had made to hunt Africa, we don't dare set it down in the bush, we'll never find it again.

LOL I never did find a pair of camo bino’s I set down after shooting a pronghorn.
 
LOL I never did find a pair of camo bino’s I set down after shooting a pronghorn.

They did their job. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
In no particular order, I currently own or have owned packs from the following in various configurations:

Seek Outside
Stone Glacier
EXO
Kifaru
Hill People Gear
Wilderness Packs
Dana Design, Bozeman
Arc'Teryx (Made in Canada)
Mystery Ranch (Made in USA models)
 
In no particular order, I currently own or have owned packs from the following in various configurations:

Seek Outside
Stone Glacier
EXO
Kifaru
Hill People Gear
Wilderness Packs
Dana Design, Bozeman
Arc'Teryx (Made in Canada)
Mystery Ranch (Made in USA models)
I have used the top 4 on your list. Exo which I really wanted to like, gave me the most trouble carrying weight. I did the best Stone Glacier, not sure if it's my body type or just me. Never could get the hip belt on the exo to support the weight like the others.
 
I recently bought the eberlestock F1 mainframe and added two bat wings pouches to carry lunch, knives, etc. A nice combo. They have many options to add to the mainframe. Hunted Kodiak island with a friend this Sept and we packed out two reindeer over the course of 2 days and 4 trips. We covered approximately 20 miles with all the back and forth. Pack worked well but at age 55 i wouldn’t do it again [emoji3] in the Alaskan terrain. Came across two brown bears enroute but fortunately they were not interested. I would recommend you try a few on if possible. Good luck.
 
Barney’s for sure. If you’re packing a lot of weight I don’t think you can beat a Barney’s pack from Anchorage. A good amount of guides use them here. Packing a rear moose quarter sucks, but sucks less with a Barney’s. Their pack distributes the weight nicely. I also have a Kuiu icon pro 5200 which does the job well, but with the carbon frame it can flex a bit with a super heavy load. Good luck on the black tail hunt.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,386
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top