Website
panthertrackers.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Club bleu de Gascon, Gascon Saintongeois, Ariegeois
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Australia and USA
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
panther 3.jpg
Panther 8.jpg

Attachments

• Panther 9.jpg
    Panther 9.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
Xosha Bushveld Hounds - Mozambique Sofala.jpg

OK, I have to say something. I know two of the hunters in the pictures, and one for sure was not hunting with Panther Trackers (was with my PH I hunted my leopard with). I am suspicious about the other, but not sure. So, why are pictures from another safari company in your ad?

OK, I have to say something. I know two of the hunters in the pictures, and one for sure was not hunting with Panther Trackers (was with my PH I hunted my leopard with). I am suspicious about the other, but not sure. So, why are pictures from another safari company in your ad?
Panther Trackers is Gavin Lipjes = one of the few premier houndsmen in Africa today. He serves as a houndsman for other PHs too, so the fact there's another PH in the pic likely means your PH thought enough of Gavin to hire him as the leopard houndsman.

Houndsmen who are also PHs can either outfit their own hunt or serve as houndsman on another PH's hunt. I highly recommend the John McAdams' Big Game Hunting Podcasts with Gavin Lipjes if you want to learn about leopard hunting with hounds and about what Gavin does.

Last edited:
Nope - it is a picture from my outfitter's website. I just double-checked. I know the PH, I know the hunter and I know where and when they hunted.

Panther Trackers is Gavin Lipjes = one of the few premier houndsmen in Africa today. He serves as a houndsman for other PHs too, so the fact there's another PH in the pic likely means your PH thought enough of Gavin to hire him as the leopard houndsman.

Houndsmen who are also PHs can either outfit their own hunt or serve as houndsman on another PH's hunt. I highly recommend the John McAdams' Big Game Hunting Podcasts with Gavin Lipjes if you want to learn about leopard hunting with hounds and about what Gavin does.
Listened to that great podcast the other day.

Nope - it is a picture from my outfitter's website. I just double-checked. I know the PH, I know the hunter and I know where and when they hunted.
Then you must have already reached out to your outfitter and the PH, as well as Gavin, and did not get appropriate answers directly from the involved parties?

Good point, and I will take this offline.

Hi Doug,

my good friend Drom from Somerby Safaris alerted me to your post regarding the picture of his PH (Charlie).
There has been a post error and the trophy picture of Charlie with the Leopard hunted over my hounds was not posted and erroneously another was inserted. We have so many image files of hunted Leopard that an admin mistake is regrettably possible.
The hunt occurred in 2015 and that particular leopard attacked me and was finally dispatched by Charlie.
Please feel free to reach out to the PH and Outfitter to confirm my statement.

Thanks for drawing my attention to the mistake, I will remedy immediately.

No harm no foul! Nice catch by all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg