Website
panthertrackers.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Club bleu de Gascon, Gascon Saintongeois, Ariegeois
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Australia and USA
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
panther 3.jpg
Panther 8.jpg

Attachments

• Panther 9.jpg
    Panther 9.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:

PANTHER TRACKERS

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
panthertrackers.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Australia and USA
Xosha Bushveld Hounds - Mozambique Sofala.jpg

Custom

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
OK, I have to say something. I know two of the hunters in the pictures, and one for sure was not hunting with Panther Trackers (was with my PH I hunted my leopard with). I am suspicious about the other, but not sure. So, why are pictures from another safari company in your ad?

tygersman1

AH member
Reaction score
OK, I have to say something. I know two of the hunters in the pictures, and one for sure was not hunting with Panther Trackers (was with my PH I hunted my leopard with). I am suspicious about the other, but not sure. So, why are pictures from another safari company in your ad?
Panther Trackers is Gavin Lipjes = one of the few premier houndsmen in Africa today. He serves as a houndsman for other PHs too, so the fact there's another PH in the pic likely means your PH thought enough of Gavin to hire him as the leopard houndsman.

Houndsmen who are also PHs can either outfit their own hunt or serve as houndsman on another PH's hunt. I highly recommend the John McAdams' Big Game Hunting Podcasts with Gavin Lipjes if you want to learn about leopard hunting with hounds and about what Gavin does.

Last edited:

Custom

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
Nope - it is a picture from my outfitter's website. I just double-checked. I know the PH, I know the hunter and I know where and when they hunted.

Reaction score
Media
Panther Trackers is Gavin Lipjes = one of the few premier houndsmen in Africa today. He serves as a houndsman for other PHs too, so the fact there's another PH in the pic likely means your PH thought enough of Gavin to hire him as the leopard houndsman.

Houndsmen who are also PHs can either outfit their own hunt or serve as houndsman on another PH's hunt. I highly recommend the John McAdams' Big Game Hunting Podcasts with Gavin Lipjes if you want to learn about leopard hunting with hounds and about what Gavin does.
Listened to that great podcast the other day.

tygersman1

AH member
Reaction score
Nope - it is a picture from my outfitter's website. I just double-checked. I know the PH, I know the hunter and I know where and when they hunted.
Then you must have already reached out to your outfitter and the PH, as well as Gavin, and did not get appropriate answers directly from the involved parties?

Custom

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
Good point, and I will take this offline.

PANTHER TRACKERS

Sponsor
Since 2022
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
panthertrackers.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Hi Doug,

my good friend Drom from Somerby Safaris alerted me to your post regarding the picture of his PH (Charlie).
There has been a post error and the trophy picture of Charlie with the Leopard hunted over my hounds was not posted and erroneously another was inserted. We have so many image files of hunted Leopard that an admin mistake is regrettably possible.
The hunt occurred in 2015 and that particular leopard attacked me and was finally dispatched by Charlie.
Please feel free to reach out to the PH and Outfitter to confirm my statement.

Thanks for drawing my attention to the mistake, I will remedy immediately.

Rare Breed

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
No harm no foul! Nice catch by all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andywagner1122

Latest profile posts

Gerry Addison wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
I would like to delete my last post on the the thread where to hunt big cape buffalo. I haven't been to that area for a few years and it may be very different now. Not fair of me to post this.
Montana hunter and avid sportsman.
Inline6 wrote on Chris Sells's profile.
PM me when you get a chance, have a few questions for you.
steve white wrote on Pheroze's profile.
Pheroze: I was intrigued by the blog on 400, 465 H&H in which you stated you were having a rifle reamed out to accomodate the larger bore. Who is doing the work for you, do they then provide cut rifling or buttoned. Will a 375 H&H rechamber to the 400 H&H. Is there much ballistic difference between it and the 404/375
My Most beautiful Trophy

IMG_20230125_071102_530.jpg