Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
This form was made from a polar bear and a grizzly and a zebra
Zebra shoulders made into bear shoulders. the only thing around the shop could find with 96" shoulders
The neck size and width of head was the size of a polar bear 50" neck and back of head matched
Chopped off the face of the polar bear and needed a face that I could use...
The face was the size of a 8' grizzly so I altered that for this 700lb Black Bear.

Last picture will show the real size with my finisher for reference.

DSCN4776_zpslhehoevb.jpg
DSCN4790_zpsiqhbb92h.jpg
DSCN4778_zpsuun7rc7h.jpg
DSCN4775_zpsukycwrfk.jpg
DSCN4779_zpsxttfux0m.jpg
DSCN4788_zpsq2xv9s4c.jpg
DSCN4786_zpshxfcrojt.jpg
big bear shoulder_zpsafvhvnvx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Can't imagine what that big fellow would have looked like as a full body mount!

Wow, excellent work. That's a huuuuuge bear!

That thing must have been bottle fed steroids from day one.

That sure is a Grizzly sized head.

Amazing Beast! Your skill's are very impressive.

With the size of this black bear I am reminded of story told by J. Frank Dobie about a bear that raided a corn field. The bear was not there to eat corn but to collect corn to feed a litter of pigs it had pinned up in the stump of an old live oak tree. Behind all tall tales there is a kernel of truth, your mount may be that bear.(y)

Very nice work...

Yes Dennis looks great.
I live in eastern N.C. and we kill 600lbs bear regularly. last season their was a 784lbs a 764lbs and a bunch 700 and down. the taxidermist at home has to use grizzly form and modify to mount. Forrest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abferrell60

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.