Aria Ballistics Ammunition

calling4life

AH veteran
Reaction score
I searched for this and couldn't find a thread on them.

Has anyone bought ammunition from them? Looks as though you can check out with a credit card, doesn't exactly come off as a scam or what not, doesn't ask you to pay in bitcoin and the normal BS.

But the velocity claims on some of their loads are ... something.

So I am wondering if anyone has use them and if the velocity claims actually seem to be somewhat true...?
I wouldn't mind the additional power coming out of my 458 lott and their 460gr LFN 500 S&W load at 1700fps or so sounds interesting too.

Thank you for your time, you know what, I'm going to try a picture.
20rds... $118... 2475fps for 6799 ft/lbs of energy...
1693958774535.png

Yes, that is the company, I didn't know if linking to their site would be appropriate.

Anyone used their ammo?

Looks like about 100 views with no reply, doesn't look too good.

I may just buy a box of something and try, I'd feel safer grabbing a box for the 458 lott and running it through a bolt gun vs. my first jump in being something for my 500 S&W.
Though their custom 515gr Hawk bullet for the 500 S&W is intriguing. Perhaps a great expandable for bear that will still hold up should a charge necessitate punching through skull to get to brain...
Here we are required to use an expanding bullet, so hardcasts, fine for strictly defense of life, would not be for the initial hunting shot. Instead of using two bullets with potentially two different POA/POI, this may be a one and done option.

They are new to custom ammo but not a new company. Owner called me after my order and told me would be delayed due to lack of ruger brass. We talked for an hour. Very knowledgeable. Zero chance he was a fake. That said I haven’t received ammo yet so will let you know.

They are new to custom ammo but not a new company. Owner called me after my order and told me would be delayed due to lack of ruger brass. We talked for an hour. Very knowledgeable. Zero chance he was a fake. That said I haven’t received ammo yet so will let you know.

I just spoke with Jason, believe he noted he was CEO, he spoke with me for quite a while as well, seems to like big bore revolvers so me having a 500 S&W turned it into a long conversation.

I believe you're right, seem to be legitimate.

I actually just ordered a chronograph, here in a couple days I'll order a box of their Hornady DGX load that is noted at 2600fps and see what happens out of my gun.

They don't have a problem working with a guy on load, even bullet, it seems, so if I want that bullet but at 2450'ish, they'll do it and it doesn't actually cost more, just adds a little wait time.

Sounded genuine

We'll see, may be a great place to go for members here that are having issues finding loads they want for some of their odd stuff too... 505 Gibbs at modern pressures and such.

Prices are reasonable. I'm hopeful

My experience with Aria was quite good. They delivered my ammunition promptly and actually threw in a little more than I had ordered. Also I had an interesting conversation with their head honcho. Have not yet used those shotgun slugs however.

I ordered a box of the 458 lott DGX at 2600fps and their 400 grain CEB solid 500 S&W load noted at 1800fps out of a 6.5" x frame.

So I will try one of each of some "big boy" loads, I'll chrono them and see if they are reasonably within claims.

Certainly thank you to those who have replied and if anyone else has experience, please continue to reply.

I got the ammo, the company contacted me and asked if I was alright with a different 458 lott load, the 500s instead of the 480s in the DGX, I didn't actually realize those were different bullets these days, I mean why would a company make the same bullet 20 grains apart...? I always just figured the 480s must've been the old non-bonded and they updated to the 500s... but apparently I was wrong.

Anyway, the 500gr DGX load they threw together for me is noted by them as a 2475fps 6799ft/lbs load, longer bullet with different seating taking some velocity.

Also got the 400gr cutting edge solid 500 S&W load, noted at 1800fps, this was the normal website load as noted in an above post. These cutting edge flat nose solids are a pretty bullet, anxious to see if it breaks my wrist, they're longer than the Underwood 500gr hardcast loads by a decent bit.

It's duck opener tomorrow, supposed to rain like crazy all weekend, but I am hoping to chrono these and see what I get from my guns.

I'll report back if the stated velocities are materially accurate, of course, different guns being different and all, and my 500 is a 4" custom 1/12 twist barrel... so I'll account for that and give some leeway.

If all comes out good, I'd love to never have mentioned this so I can get ammo from them whenever I need without much competition.

But they seem like a company that is great so far...

If you don't hear from me, one of my guns may have blown up, send help.:)

I do recall years ago there were claims of 24-2500 for the Lott. Should be fun in my 8.5lbs Lott.

So I am looking to keep this updated until this hits resolution for me, again, just in case it becomes another avenue for us big bore shooters to get ammo.

However, both my loads did not perform as expected.

They are going to send me new ammo at no cost given what happened.

So this is still a very much "we'll see."

The 500 S&W load, he believes they must've sent the standard load, however, the box does note 1800fps which is the +P load.

I was getting low 1500s for velocity up to 1530 or so.

I wanted to point this specific load out because that is still right in that 2,020 or so ft/lbs of energy range.

And the big thing with this load was that it was actually quite low on recoil, like about as low as I've ever felt in my 500 S&W.

So, regardless the misstep in what I received vs. what I ordered, it would seem to be quite an accessible defense load, I believe, for anyone who can shoot 44 mag or larger revolvers.

I still need to give the straight-line penetration a bit of testing, but CEB solids have a stellar reputation, as we know on here.

Impressive stuff with it, should be interesting to see what the 1800fps load does in my gun.

* An aside.

My 500gr Federal Trophy Bonded Bearclaw loads, factory loads, noted at 2300fps.
2296 and 2284 was what I got out of my gun, which has had the barrel shortened a touch as I had a muzzle brake added.

I like that.

I tested other loads along with the Aria Ballistic loads as I wanted to ensure I had checks and balances to get rid of doubts in regards to the chronograph or such...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZGTS

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob