Argentina for the Roar

Art Lambart II

AH elite
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
3,181
Location
Kansas City
Media
36
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
1
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo, Northwest Provinces, & Eastern Cape
My father @Shootist43 and I are heading to the La Pampas region of Argentina in March to hunt Red Stag with MG Hunting and I was looking for tips, trick and lessons learned from folks who have made similar hunts. We have decided not to travel with our own firearms in favor of using 300 WM provided by MG Hunting to eliminate any issues with the airlines and local Law Enforcement. I know every hunt is different so what I would take to Africa may not be right for Argentina, is their any gear or medication you recommend we take on this hunt?

I look forward to the advice and we will post a report shortly after we return.
 
I'll look for your report. Can't decide between Argentina or Romania.
 
I hunted there in 2017 with a different outfitter. I think I walked a lot more than my Africa hunt, and I was surprised at how you basically chase the stages as the roar. They don’t stand still and you end up huffing around after them.

I almost stepped on 3 snakes, relatives of the Fer De Lance I think, so I would take taller boots.

Not sure if the territory MG is on, but we walked on a lot of sandy ground as well.

It was probably the most fun hunt I have had, chasing stag, hearing them roar, it was tons of fun! You will have a great time!
 
Never been there, so I am looking forward to your report!
 
Good luck, I will look forward to the hunt report!
 
I'd suggest getting familiar with your rental rifle. Dry fire several times to get a feel for the trigger. Cycle the bolt and flip the safety on and off a few times. Take a few extra shots, more than you would to just see that it's zeroed.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,048
Members
169,691
Latest member
lilasemo1982
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top