Are Sable a Hard Hunt?

Just curious what load you were running?
Great looking sable by the way
I used a 225 grain TSX at 2750 FPS, it duplicates the Buffalo Barnes 225 TSX load.

At @Bob Nelson 35Whelen calls it my baby load and wonders why we didn't use CFE 223 and push that 225 TSX to 2900 FPS.
 
I used a 225 grain TSX at 2750 FPS, it duplicates the Buffalo Barnes 225 TSX load.

At @Bob Nelson 35Whelen calls it my baby load and wonders why we didn't use CFE 223 and push that 225 TSX to 2900 FPS.
I’ve run the 225tsx at 2550-2600 for years and it’s never failed with varget.
I’m running the 225g northfork with cfe223 at 2650 this May and that’s just a midrange load but again never fails.
Those tsx bullets according to Barnes are good to 1600 fps for expansion so even at 2500 fps you basically can use it to 400 yds if you wanted
 
I used a 225 grain TSX at 2750 FPS, it duplicates the Buffalo Barnes 225 TSX load.

At @Bob Nelson 35Whelen calls it my baby load and wonders why we didn't use CFE 223 and push that 225 TSX to 2900 FPS.
@Art Lambart II
I still think you should bite the bullet and out your big boy pants on and try my loads.
I know you aren't recoil shy.
Give it a go mate
Bob
 
I’ve run the 225tsx at 2550-2600 for years and it’s never failed with varget.
I’m running the 225g northfork with cfe223 at 2650 this May and that’s just a midrange load but again never fails.
Those tsx bullets according to Barnes are good to 1600 fps for expansion so even at 2500 fps you basically can use it to 400 yds if you wanted
@45-70guy
As Tim the tool man Taylor used to say more power.
Yes they may be fine to 400 and about 1600foe at that range but at my speed you get over 2,000 for and game is dead at 400 while your speed the bullet is still at 300 when mine gets to 400

Bullet traveled quicker= more power and dead sooner.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,570,999
Members
169,090
Latest member
feiniwarrde1971
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top