AR-10 Caliber Question

I knew i will get a pass! :A Banana:

Ah, garand, garand.... I woud love to have it.
Enbloc clip was sorted out later with design of M14, another rifle I'd like to have.

I am stretched between having my gun inventory for specific purpose target or hunting, and starting collecting which I avoid (if I start it would never end)

But I would just love to have Garand for its historic value, and m14, and all battle rifles and pistols from world war 2. But I will not go into direction of collecting.
I already have too much for my activities.

Another PIA, I noticed: more guns someone has, he shoots less each one of them. You can shoot only one at the time. Thats also the problem with big collections
I know what you mean. I feel like several of the guns in my collection get neglected (from not being used, not neglected from care), but it is hard to let go of the emotional attachment to many of them.

I once heard a wise businessman say, "A collector of anything is never satisfied, almost by definition". This was coming from a guy who had a collection of over 200 Mercedes-Benz cars of all types.

PS - I'll second the idea of the Garand. I was fortunate enough to inherit a CMP one, and it is great fun to shoot and a cool piece of nostalgia.

I’ve got a Stag-10, highly recommend. Also a BCM MCMR Ar15 which is a great carbine.

As much as I like the Stag 10 in 6.5 CM (V7 Weapon Systems, Magnesium Hyper-Light 308 Handguard, BSF Barrels, AR10 20.00” 6.5 Creedmoor Carbon Fiber Barrel) has it under 7 lbs without scope, I really think a Grendel upper is the way to go. However, if you do go with a 6.5 CM go with an adjustable gas block and a 22” barrel with a rifle length +2 inch gas system.

FWIW, here's what looks to be a pretty good sale on the Ruger SFAR in 6.5CM (20"):

Attachments

• RUGER SFAR 6.5 CREEDMOOR 20%22 20RD MOE SL RIFLE | BattleHawk Armory.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
Just ordered a Triggertech 3.5 lb single stage duty trigger for my AR10, I'll report back when I get it in. My Bergara HMR Pro has a Triggertech and I'm really happy with it, granted its a bolt gun Vs AR.

this fellow had built me 4 ARs , I have a 223, 6.5 Grendel and a 308win from him. The best hunting rifle of the 3 is the Grendel for power and weight. the 308 has more power but weights considerably more.
As for accuracy they all run around 1/2 moa.

Attachments

• Precision Firearms - Custom Competition AR-15 Uppers.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristaGul

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.