AR-10 Caliber Question

I knew i will get a pass! :A Banana:


Ah, garand, garand.... I woud love to have it.
Enbloc clip was sorted out later with design of M14, another rifle I'd like to have.

I am stretched between having my gun inventory for specific purpose target or hunting, and starting collecting which I avoid (if I start it would never end)

But I would just love to have Garand for its historic value, and m14, and all battle rifles and pistols from world war 2. But I will not go into direction of collecting.
I already have too much for my activities.

Another PIA, I noticed: more guns someone has, he shoots less each one of them. You can shoot only one at the time. Thats also the problem with big collections
I know what you mean. I feel like several of the guns in my collection get neglected (from not being used, not neglected from care), but it is hard to let go of the emotional attachment to many of them.

I once heard a wise businessman say, "A collector of anything is never satisfied, almost by definition". This was coming from a guy who had a collection of over 200 Mercedes-Benz cars of all types.

PS - I'll second the idea of the Garand. I was fortunate enough to inherit a CMP one, and it is great fun to shoot and a cool piece of nostalgia.
 
I’ve got a Stag-10, highly recommend. Also a BCM MCMR Ar15 which is a great carbine.

As much as I like the Stag 10 in 6.5 CM (V7 Weapon Systems, Magnesium Hyper-Light 308 Handguard, BSF Barrels, AR10 20.00” 6.5 Creedmoor Carbon Fiber Barrel) has it under 7 lbs without scope, I really think a Grendel upper is the way to go. However, if you do go with a 6.5 CM go with an adjustable gas block and a 22” barrel with a rifle length +2 inch gas system.
 
FWIW, here's what looks to be a pretty good sale on the Ruger SFAR in 6.5CM (20"):

 

Attachments

Just ordered a Triggertech 3.5 lb single stage duty trigger for my AR10, I'll report back when I get it in. My Bergara HMR Pro has a Triggertech and I'm really happy with it, granted its a bolt gun Vs AR.
 
this fellow had built me 4 ARs , I have a 223, 6.5 Grendel and a 308win from him. The best hunting rifle of the 3 is the Grendel for power and weight. the 308 has more power but weights considerably more.
As for accuracy they all run around 1/2 moa.
 

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
70,346
Messages
1,573,632
Members
169,774
Latest member
AlisiaStei
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top