Anyone ever had trophies lost during the import process?

My trophies are still floating around somewhere. Trophy Shippers and African shipping Services are attempting to locate. Fingers still crossed.

They are working hard to recover them so that makes me feel good.
Where did they ship from and to? Airlines? Route of travel?
I hope this is resolved soon.
Philip

I see a ton of damaged mounts from Africa. Problem is all the shippers pass the buck . No body will say who did it. That way no one pays.
I know a gal that's dip pack made it to the truck company here in Idaho. That night at the truck hub someone broke in, cracked the crate open stole her waterbuck horns impala and blesbok. Truck company would only pay average price for replacement. $ 250.00. So I told them that the prices she paid for the animals in Africa were cut and dried. They tried to claim she got her hunt and that animals aren't guaranteed. We Informed them that day fees are the price of the hunt and when an animal is taken the animal is paid for separately. Therefore like buying a cow. It is what it is. They ended up paying the price she paid in Africa for each animal minus the price of the capes as they weren't stolen.
This is just one reason I wont do a package hunt in Africa also.
Im confused. Because of the microscopic risk of a freight truck being broken into and your trophies stolen you wont do a package hunt in Africa?

I will say that this is one of the risks in hunting over seas. There is really little recourse, except with your outfitter, when things go wrong. When parts of my giraffe hide slipped everyone pointed fingers at one another.
"Its the dip and pack taxidermists fault because he didnt flesh and salt correctly."
"Its the American taxidermists fault because they dont know how to tan large hides."
The bottom line is my outfitter took care of me and offered me another giraffe hunt.
Regards,
Philip

Good news about finding crate !

Great news on finding your crate. Unfortunately it cost you a lot of anxiety and sleepless night,

Have never lost a thing shipping international… trophies, artifacts, books… Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia. Knock on wood! I used to pack my own trophies and simply bring them back as regular baggage from AK. Did a crudely cleaned brown bear skull carry-on one time. Airlines used to be pretty accommodating :) Even mailed some back in big cardboard boxes via USPS. Times, they have a changed!

But have “lost” a couple things to all too common unscrupulous taxidermists here in the good old USA! :)

Last edited:
Where did they ship from and to? Airlines? Route of travel?
I hope this is resolved soon.
Philip

Hey Philip, my crate went with Ethiopian Airlines, then Forward Air from Dulles to Dallas. It went MIA after being picked up in Washington DC.

Thanks to African Shipping Services and Trophy Shippers being a pain for Forward Air they finally located it. It’s currently on the way to Gizmo for mounting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross