Anybody seen this AHR rifle on Gunbroker

Speaking of shifting to model 70, look at this at a bargain priced model 70!

Sorry, just lamenting paying a lot more for mine!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.32.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.32.57 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.32.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.32.59 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.33.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.33.03 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Wow, that’s the best price I’ve seen on one by far! Makes one wonder if there is a problem with it.

It looks to be in perfect condition. Someone should jump on it!

Sold for $2800....who is the lucky person?

It is truly awful to hear that the CZ550 safari might be going away. I really cannot imagine it. It is a great action at a good price.

What it really needs is to overcome the rem 700’s stranglehold on the us market. They are marginal guns that don’t compete well with win 70’s, cz’s or Ruger 77’s. Unfortunately, the Usa is going through some infatuation with the accurate $350 rifle!

I have had a couple AHR customs, not that I needed another but I couldn’t resist, that and I have 70 pounds of tsx’s, I need some 458 Lott brass and I am ready to go

I have no doubt that there is occasionally a factory CZ with a problem - heck my Win 70 Stainless Classic safety could not engage from the factory, I had to adjust the camming surface for it to work! So, I guess it happens with all makers. But it really seems that most every time a CZ issue is documented to its logical end, it involves a rechambering job: .458 Win to .458 Lott were great candidates before the factory produced the Lott, and the usual issue was half-witted "gunsmiths" pushing a reamer through the chamber (easy) without adjusting the feed ramps to the longer cartridge - duh !?!?!? Or, it involves a re-barreling job, especially in the hard to feed .500 Jeffery with rebated rim, or the monster .505 Gibbs, etc. Clear back to the early 1900's British gun makers had to design special magazines to feed the .500 in a single stack column, and wider magazines for actions with deeper feed rails to contain the .505, so that they could feed reliably. What makes folks believe that this ought to be any different today !?!?!? :E Rofl:

There is nothing suspect with the feeding of a $1,000 factory CZ and every last one of them is function tested and test fired at the factory, and delivered with its target. Yes, the feeding rails undersides may be rough from machining marks and the action may be tight, but ready to shoot they are, and not for $3,000 but for $1,000...

Here is the dirty secret, and no I am not denigrating the Win 70: what folks interpret as a smooth action in the Win 70 is actually a loose action. For sure it does not need a break-in period, the tolerances are much higher. In truth, CZ actions do require a break in period, or as competent gunsmiths say, they need to be "released." This is because they are machined much tighter, with lower tolerances than the Winchester. I see this as a plus, not a minus...

No contest on the lack of elemental deburring and polishing of machine cuts on the CZ, and I just cannot fathom why they continue to shoot themselves in the foot with that, but do not be confused by the internet bashing. As I am fond of saying, there are pretty darn good reasons why Rigby of London used the CZ 550 actions to build their $10,000+ rifles for decades when the Mauser magnum actions were out of production...

As to the CZ 550 going away, I hate to say that this would not surprise me. Objectively, they are worth a heck of a lot more than what they are sold for. The company must not make much money on them. I for one would wish that they cleaned up their act (and their actions - pun fully intended) and sold a fully polished rifle for a little more money rather than discontinue a rough rifle. Oh well, what can I say, some marketing genius probably knows better :whistle:

CZ was set to introduce a better quality DG rifle. As I recall the sell price would've been rather high. Evidently they've ditched the idea. Too bad...

Screenshot_20191110-124004.png

CZ was set to introduce a better quality DG rifle. As I recall the sell price would've been rather high. Evidently they've ditched the idea. Too bad...

View attachment 313795
Yes, my newer model CZ 550 .458 WM is actually pretty smooth? It shoots great with open sights. Maybe the newer produced ones have smoother actions from the factory, or maybe I just got lucky? Anyway, so far no complaints. The trigger does have a little creep in it, but so what for a fifty meter rifle? If I could afford AHR’s upgrade(s), I would probably have them upgrade my rifle, but so far I can’t justify it in my mind or wallet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JameShiple

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!