Any recommendations for hunting outfitters in Namibia?

Lenny13

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
S.Africa(Limpopo, Mpumalanga), USA (SD, TX), Namibia
Hi Deputy Dog,

I had a great experience with Kalahari Safari for plains game. Janneman and his family will take care of you. Feel free to message me with any questions. I have no doubt you'll find a Namibian outfitter will all the resources on here.

The website for kalahari safari is: http://www.kalahari-safari.com/

Bwana Bob

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
There are many reputable outfitters in Namibia . You can narrow down your search based on what animals you want to pursue.
I have hunted for plains game with Kowas Safaris for 3 years and am planning on going back in 2021 for a cull hunt. Obviously I would recommend checking them out. If you are interested you are more than welcome to send me a pm
Good luck with your search

Adrian

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
Plenty out there, have a look through the hunt reports section and you can get a good idea of what to expect, where, how etc.

From there you can research the outfitters concerned, look at their websites, contact the hunters who made the reports and enjoy the fun of reading, looking at the photos and getting a feel for the places and people.

Dee S

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Nimrod Rifle Club, SCI, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, Namibia
Only place for CB in Namibia is in the Caprivi. Several PH's hunt that area. Pieter Delport, Nick Nolte, Kowas, and there are others. I highly recommend Pieter Delport, you won't regret hunting with him. But do your home work, ask a lot of questions.

375Fox

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
For a buffalo in Namibia you are limited to only the Caprivi or waterberg National park. Blue wildebeest are available in some concessions there as well. I hunted with Jamy traut safaris twice in the Caprivi (not for buffalo) and had excellent hunts both times. When you search for outfitters in Caprivi a question to ask is if they actually have rights to the concession or if they are purchasing a tag from another outfitter. There are only a couple outfitters that actually have leases on concessions, but many will be able to offer you a hunt. Not saying an outfitter that doesn’t own the area won’t give you a great hunt as well, but it’s an important consideration to me. Caprivi buffalo are much more expensive than in Zimbabwe or Mozambique is also something to consider.

MT Griz

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Namibia, USA- Montana, Alaska
I will 2nd Jamy Traut Safaris. He has access to the Caprivi for buffalo. You won't have a bad hunt with Jamy. You can also hunt buffalo in Jamy's new camp in Waterberg.

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
Another vote for Jamy Traut. I haven’t hunted buffalo with him but he has camps in both the Caprivi and Waterberg. I hunted PG with him in ‘18. I’d have no reservations about booking a buff hunt with him.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY

Corey0372

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, USPA, VFW, RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, Virginia, Texas, North Carolina, Pennsylvania
I've hunted with Africa Thirstland Safaris with Mr Kobus Honiball. I had a very pleasant time and Kobus is very knowledgeable on all things hunting and a great dude to be around. I'm definitely going to hunt with him again.

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Hi,

any recommendations for outfitters in Namibia?
@Deputy Dog
My family, son and non hunting wife and myself hunted with Osombahe Nord safaris run and owned by Harold and Liezel. We all had a great time.
To save me repeating myself you could read my hunting report
Hunting with Osombahe Nord safaris run and owned by Harold and Liezel.
Would highly recommend them.

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
For a buffalo in Namibia you are limited to only the Caprivi or waterberg National park. Blue wildebeest are available in some concessions there as well. I hunted with Jamy traut safaris twice in the Caprivi (not for buffalo) and had excellent hunts both times. When you search for outfitters in Caprivi a question to ask is if they actually have rights to the concession or if they are purchasing a tag from another outfitter. There are only a couple outfitters that actually have leases on concessions, but many will be able to offer you a hunt. Not saying an outfitter that doesn’t own the area won’t give you a great hunt as well, but it’s an important consideration to me. Caprivi buffalo are much more expensive than in Zimbabwe or Mozambique is also something to consider.

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Thank you! I really want a cape buff and a blue wildebeest.
@Deputy Dog
My PH for part of my hunt was Jacobus Wasserfall he runs Dzombo hunting safaris and specialized in the big 5.
He is a nice young fella and very experienced. Check out the website.
Bob

matt vejar

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
I highly recommend Pieter Delport. You will hunt hard and get your game. I haven’t hunted buffalo with him yet, but if he does hunt them in Caprivi you can’t go wrong. Spots and tracks game extremely well.Fun to hunt with! If you can shoot game over. Good luck.

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
I agree with Matt and Dee, Pieter Delport is fantastic to hunt with.

I just hope of the world returns to somewhat of normalcy that I have the opportunity to hunt with him again.

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolores11L

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
raamw wrote on krish's profile.
send me your email.