Any recommendations for hunting outfitters in Namibia?

Hi Deputy Dog,

I had a great experience with Kalahari Safari for plains game. Janneman and his family will take care of you. Feel free to message me with any questions. I have no doubt you'll find a Namibian outfitter will all the resources on here.

The website for kalahari safari is: http://www.kalahari-safari.com/

There are many reputable outfitters in Namibia . You can narrow down your search based on what animals you want to pursue.
I have hunted for plains game with Kowas Safaris for 3 years and am planning on going back in 2021 for a cull hunt. Obviously I would recommend checking them out. If you are interested you are more than welcome to send me a pm
Good luck with your search

Plenty out there, have a look through the hunt reports section and you can get a good idea of what to expect, where, how etc.

From there you can research the outfitters concerned, look at their websites, contact the hunters who made the reports and enjoy the fun of reading, looking at the photos and getting a feel for the places and people.

Only place for CB in Namibia is in the Caprivi. Several PH's hunt that area. Pieter Delport, Nick Nolte, Kowas, and there are others. I highly recommend Pieter Delport, you won't regret hunting with him. But do your home work, ask a lot of questions.

For a buffalo in Namibia you are limited to only the Caprivi or waterberg National park. Blue wildebeest are available in some concessions there as well. I hunted with Jamy traut safaris twice in the Caprivi (not for buffalo) and had excellent hunts both times. When you search for outfitters in Caprivi a question to ask is if they actually have rights to the concession or if they are purchasing a tag from another outfitter. There are only a couple outfitters that actually have leases on concessions, but many will be able to offer you a hunt. Not saying an outfitter that doesn’t own the area won’t give you a great hunt as well, but it’s an important consideration to me. Caprivi buffalo are much more expensive than in Zimbabwe or Mozambique is also something to consider.

I will 2nd Jamy Traut Safaris. He has access to the Caprivi for buffalo. You won't have a bad hunt with Jamy. You can also hunt buffalo in Jamy's new camp in Waterberg.

Schalk pieneer is an awesome PH and a great guy. I’d highly suggest him or Zane Botas.

Another vote for Jamy Traut. I haven’t hunted buffalo with him but he has camps in both the Caprivi and Waterberg. I hunted PG with him in ‘18. I’d have no reservations about booking a buff hunt with him.

I've hunted with Africa Thirstland Safaris with Mr Kobus Honiball. I had a very pleasant time and Kobus is very knowledgeable on all things hunting and a great dude to be around. I'm definitely going to hunt with him again.

Hi,

any recommendations for outfitters in Namibia?
@Deputy Dog
My family, son and non hunting wife and myself hunted with Osombahe Nord safaris run and owned by Harold and Liezel. We all had a great time.
To save me repeating myself you could read my hunting report
Hunting with Osombahe Nord safaris run and owned by Harold and Liezel.
Would highly recommend them.

For a buffalo in Namibia you are limited to only the Caprivi or waterberg National park. Blue wildebeest are available in some concessions there as well. I hunted with Jamy traut safaris twice in the Caprivi (not for buffalo) and had excellent hunts both times. When you search for outfitters in Caprivi a question to ask is if they actually have rights to the concession or if they are purchasing a tag from another outfitter. There are only a couple outfitters that actually have leases on concessions, but many will be able to offer you a hunt. Not saying an outfitter that doesn’t own the area won’t give you a great hunt as well, but it’s an important consideration to me. Caprivi buffalo are much more expensive than in Zimbabwe or Mozambique is also something to consider.

Thank you! I really want a cape buff and a blue wildebeest.
@Deputy Dog
My PH for part of my hunt was Jacobus Wasserfall he runs Dzombo hunting safaris and specialized in the big 5.
He is a nice young fella and very experienced. Check out the website.
Bob

I highly recommend Pieter Delport. You will hunt hard and get your game. I haven’t hunted buffalo with him yet, but if he does hunt them in Caprivi you can’t go wrong. Spots and tracks game extremely well.Fun to hunt with! If you can shoot game over. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.