Any first hand CZ 600 experience?

Shako Badhan

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I recently got a chance to put my hands on the new CZ 600 Lux. I was actually impressed with how it felt in the hand an cycled. I’m not sure about the looks yet. It apparently has a semi CRF action which is interesting.

I know it had a recall because of the quick change barrel system not working out but that aside it seems interesting. Anyway have one yet and can give me some first hand feedback?

IMG_8268.jpeg

Must be that newfangled model, have never seen one.

I handled a couple 600's in a gun store in early 2022 (pre-recall). They were in the "Bavarian" style like the one pictured, a .223, .308, and .300WM, if I remember correctly.

Honestly, they seemed like solid rifles and were pretty handsome and well fit for the relatively low price tag. Action seemed a bit smoother than the 550s I've handled, which are mostly bigger bores (.375 H&H and .416 Rigby).

I remember reading about the recall but haven't followed it since. If that's all patched up, I'd have no problem owning one in .223 or .308 or something along those lines.

From what I have read on the recall there was the possibility that the end user (or the factory) could possibly install then barrel improperly allowing the rifle to rifle out of battery.

They do seem like nice rifles and for the price I don’t mind not having a quick change barrel. Maybe given time they will prove themselves in African like their forebears.

i have a three cz 550,s, all american stocked. a 22-250 heavy varmit with removable magizine a 6.5x55 and a .375 H&H mag, so no cz 600,s for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrmaTobias

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.