Any body own a 350 Remington Magnum?

rdog

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA
Some years ago i sold my Ruger 77mk1 35 Whelen i was really stupid , & regretted the loss .
Ruger made a limited number of 77 mk2 rifles in 350 Rem magnum, i purchased one when they were available
in Australia. It knocks down wild pigs like they have been hit by lightning, using 225 grain Woodleighs.
does any body have any experience with the 350 REM MAG ?

Ouch. One of my sad .memories...

I was at a gunshow looking for something to hunt Alaska with. A gentleman was selling a Remington 350 Magnum with a custom glass bedded Mannlicher style stock with 50 pieces of brass for $500. I should have jumped on that deal but at the time I wasn't reloading. Later I realized what a steal it was.

So no I don't have one. I kinda wish I did.

I have a 350 Rem mag in a XP 100R. I have never shot the round in a rifle however.
I have taken whitetail deer with the XP. I wanted to buy one when they came out but ended up buying it second hand. Never got around to ordering one when they were in production.
I don’t personally have a need for a rifle in 350 Rem mag or 35 Whelen just because I am very partial to the 375 H&H and would probably just grab it instead.
With the scarcity of brass for the 350 and the fact I am a little too lazy to want to make cases from another caliber, I also have a XP 100R in 35 Remington.
rdog, what is the availability of 350 brass down under? Do you have to form them from another mag case?

Brass is very hard to find, a shop i was in the other day had some Remington, first i have seen in a long time, I bought 400 cases when i got the rifle & 400 Remington 200 grain bullets . the same that is loaded into their factory ammo. i do not think i will ever have to buy any more the rifle has had only 180 rounds through it in 12 years i have never brought factory ammo.

Last edited:
A buddy has a collection of Remington 600s of which one is a 350 Magnum. I have shot it and it kicks substantially on both ends. A very light rifle! He has used it a number of times on elk in the dark timber and says it “hammers” them. He says he would have no problem using it on a Kodiak.

Had a 350 REM Mag put together on a stainless Ruger short action by MRC in the late 90’s, lightweight synthetic stock by Lone Wolf which has been bought out by Proof Research. Wasn’t soon after and Ruger came out with a limited run.

225’s can be driven to 2750 fps with Alliant MR2000, you will feel it!

I’ve shot a few deer with it using 200 gr Hornady SP‘s, 225gr Sierra’s and Partition’s. I don’t use it much anymore but need to take it to Africa some day.

Had a Rem 673 for a time, shot very well. I tried the load the previous owner used and it about made my eyes crossed, so dropped his charge a bit.
Another neat little gun that didnt reside here for very long.

Had a Rem 673 for a time, shot very well. I tried the load the previous owner used and it about made my eyes crossed, so dropped his charge a bit.
Another neat little gun that didnt reside here for very long.

I’ve fired the Remington 600 Mohawk in .243 and .308. The .243 even hurt. The .350 on the same frame would be too much of a good thing for this ‘ol boy.

I’ve got a model 600 350 RM and it is a great little rifle that hits hard. They are a quite unattractive rifle with a cult like following and unless you luck into one you typically pay for them. I always wanted to shoot a moose with one so it is waiting for that. Also have a Remington 700 Classic(1985 if memory serves me) in 350 mag. Always wanted a Ruger 77 in one also.

I too have a Ruger 350RM here in Australia. It's my sambar gun. Light and easy to carry yet packs a good punch. I have it topped with a Kahles 2-7 in Warne mounts.

I've used it on pigs, sambar, camels, and fallow with 225gn and 250gn Woodleigh PP. (y)

Last edited:
Recovered from NT boars, departing raking shots.

20160922_030236.jpg

Western QLD camel

P1000276.JPG

I too have a Ruger 350RM here in Australia. It's my sambar gun. Light and easy to carry yet packs a good punch. I have it topped with a Kahles 2-7 in Warne mounts.

I've used it on pigs, sambar, camels, and fallow with 225gn and 250gn Woodleigh PP. (y)
Good to know of an other Ruger 350 mag in Australia, a friend of mine bought one at the same time as me that makes 3. i could not get the 250 grain Woodleighs to feed how did you go?

Good to know of an other Ruger 350 mag in Australia, a friend of mine bought one at the same time as me that makes 3. i could not get the 250 grain Woodleighs to feed how did you go?
It feeds all the PPs fine. But like any short fat cartridge, the bolt cycle needs to be "positive" if you get my drift. The rougher you treat mine, the better she likes it ;):ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg