Another new Guy who is looking forward to Africa

Hi to all

As you might guess according to the thread title I haven't been to Africa yet.
My father hunted in Africa several times (while I was definately to young to join him).

I already started planning my first trip to Africa - hopefully to hunt for an old dagga boy.
Hopefully I can make it to Mozambique or Tanzania within the next two years.

The rifle (.404 Jeffery) is mostly finished - using a magnum system of Montana Rifles Inc. (which is quite an unusual system here in Austria - just to be sure: we are the ones without the kangaroos, but with the snow in the Alps ;-) )

Right now I would consider to use 400grs Barnes TSX in general for this rifle.
Including some bigger plains game like Eland, Kudu, Oryx,...

To finish my lines up:
Thanks for joining all of you and please feel free to tell me, if my plans are suitable

Regards
Enjoy the planning and preparation……it’s a big part of the fun!

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Hi to all

As you might guess according to the thread title I haven't been to Africa yet.
My father hunted in Africa several times (while I was definately to young to join him).

I already started planning my first trip to Africa - hopefully to hunt for an old dagga boy.
Hopefully I can make it to Mozambique or Tanzania within the next two years.

The rifle (.404 Jeffery) is mostly finished - using a magnum system of Montana Rifles Inc. (which is quite an unusual system here in Austria - just to be sure: we are the ones without the kangaroos, but with the snow in the Alps ;-) )

Right now I would consider to use 400grs Barnes TSX in general for this rifle.
Including some bigger plains game like Eland, Kudu, Oryx,...

To finish my lines up:
Thanks for joining all of you and please feel free to tell me, if my plans are suitable

Regards
My friends and I recently booked our first safari to Africa as well. We are going to Tanzania for buffalo, leopard and plains game. So your plan sounds good to me! Of course I could be nuts

Welcome to the best forum in the world!

Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

As promised... a new rifle is born

Hi mark

Thanks for your answer.

Heading for a buffalo the first time you are in Africa is quite untypical, that's right.
In fact I would like to combine both, like my father did many years ago :)

He started with an Impala for the kitchen on the first day, a warthog, managed to hunt for a Sable on the third day and ended up with a buffalo on the penultimate day. He was lucky of course...

But by now that's all a big dream...

Regards
I just did the same thing you are planning. It took me 57 years to make it to Africa the first time I did not think I would live to 114 so I went buffalo hunting on my first go. Would not have changed a thing. Got a nice bull with my 112 year old double rifle. Life has a way of upsetting plans so if a buffalo is what you want do it. You may not get another chance.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross