Another caliber question

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought you were only going to have another Mauser bolt action or two built (one for Europe and maybe another for India) to match up with the other two Mausers. As in a four rifle set.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought you were only going to have another Mauser bolt action or two built (one for Europe and maybe another for India) to match up with the other two Mausers. As in a four rifle set.
Now it seems to has a life of it’s it’s own like all these endevers.

Well that was the idea when I posted the thread originally. I still think it would be the most appropriate.

But @Red Leg ‘s suggestion of the 6.5x54 but in a Mannlicher-Schoenauer instead of a Mauser action got me thinking…

I came here for clarity, now I’m even more confused … :D

I could also do the 6.5x55 swede and call it the “Scandi Legend”

Well that was the idea when I posted the thread originally. I still think it would be the most appropriate.

But @Red Leg ‘s suggestion of the 6.5x54 but in a Mannlicher-Schoenauer instead of a Mauser action got me thinking…

I came here for clarity, now I’m even more confused … :D
Yea if you look that was my vote also, but he has a point about the ms rifle.

Mannlicher Schoenauer Take Down Model, cased:
MS TD Cased 02.jpg

MS ST39 MS Takedown.jpg

Vertigo,

Super rifle there, would love to hear the story on that one.

JP
If you read through this thread, you'll find all the info I have found out about it. Meanwhile I'm busy making more history with it :)

One more vote for the 6.5x55 Mauser cartridge.

... perhaps I should go look at other actions/setups than just bolt actions...

A single shot "kipplaufbüchse"? With a Stutzen stock? For something with 6.5 or 7 mm bullets and a rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TamelaNewc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!