Another Aussie BRNOphile

Hello TIKKA~BRNO / Richo,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Ya those BRNOs are wonderful hunting rifles, when you can find one in decent shape.
They are what the Winchester Model 70 wants to be when it grows up.
My personal favorite hunting rifle is the Brno Model 602 Magnum, in caliber .375 H&H….whata peach !

Anywhooo, cheers for now,
Velo Dog.

Brno mod 21 7x57mm 1948
Brno ZKK602 375 H&H original
Brno ZKK602 375 H&H custom
Brno ZKK602 500 JEFF custom
BrnoSidelock 12ga poormans double
Brno med 22lr

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site.

My collection:
Model 21 7x57 1947
Zkk 600 308 1987 model. (Boyd’s stock) still my favorite rifle upto kudu size game.
Zkk601 7x64 1979 model (Boyd’s stock) sorry but the white plastic insert just doesn’t do it for me!

My collection:
Model 21 7x57 1947
Zkk 600 308 1987 model. (Boyd’s stock) still my favorite rifle upto kudu size game.
Zkk601 7x64 1979 model (Boyd’s stock) sorry but the white plastic insert just doesn’t do it for me!
Is the 7x64 actually a 601 or the typical 600 action?

Is the 7x64 actually a 601 or the typical 600 action?
601 is short action cannot fit standard length cartridges such as 7x64 Brenneke

243 and 308 fit in 601.

601 short
600 standard
602 magnum

Brno mod 21 7x57mm 1948
Brno ZKK602 375 H&H original
Brno ZKK602 375 H&H custom
Brno ZKK602 500 JEFF custom
BrnoSidelock 12ga poormans double
Brno med 22lr
Forgot the Brno ZKK 601 243 WM(pop up peep)
And am looking at a ZKK 600 in 30 06(pop up peep) at the moment....

Hey @TIKKA~BRNO BRNO … Welcome to AH squad!

I‘ve equally developed a recent BRNO 602 attraction (or fetish) :-O & not sure why, really like the Hog Back stock & just solid built rifles from a by-gone era I suppose.

I live/work in Germany & do have access to an available & competitive market … just purchased a .375 H&H in untouched original condition, got dibs on a similar .458 WM, slow to counter a bid on .416 REM Mag. but in the LUX w/ Monte Carlo stock.

Cool stuff …
6A543837-580C-4882-AE4E-B73584C44BFC.jpeg

I‘ve equally developed a recent BRNO 602 attraction (or fetish) :-O & not sure why, really like the Hog Back stock & just solid built rifles from a by-gone era I suppose.

I live/work in Germany & do have access to an available & competitive market … just purchased a .375 H&H in untouched original condition, got dibs on a similar .458 WM, slow to counter a bid on .416 REM Mag. but in the LUX w/ Monte Carlo stock.

Cool stuff …View attachment 466715
Do you mind chatting to me via PM, email or even on the phone?

I don't mind calling overseas at a time that suits you.

More about getting a licenced dealer contact in Germany that may be of assistance with me importing to Australia from there.

Richo

Cool stuff …View attachment 466715
@Jaegger
I'll have one in 358 Norma. On the long action I could really have fun as long as the throat is long enough.
Bob

@Jaegger
I'll have one in 358 Norma. On the long action I could really have fun as long as the throat is long enough.
Bob
Shame a lot of the 358NM BRNOs got re- barrelled to 404Jef etc. Makes me wonder, where are all those 'take off' barrels?

Check out how cheap the one at auction sold for
༎ຶ‿༎ຶ
Screenshot_20220517-184357.png
Screenshot_20220517-184823.png

Last edited:
Shame a lot of the 358NM BRNOs got re- barrelled to 404Jef etc. Makes me wonder, where are all those 'take off' barrels?

I saw one fitted to a BSA P14 Sporter years ago, .375 & .458 turn up now & again, that's what I fitted to my ZKK600 action.

@Jaegger
Bob
Hi Bob,

I 2nd your 358 Norma desire … that was the 1st caliber I tried to track down & it has become a challenge: I scored the .375 here in Germany & .458 from Sweden. The Norma search continues … (y)

Do you mind chatting to me via PM, email or even on the phone?

I don't mind calling overseas at a time that suits you.

More about getting a licenced dealer contact in Germany that may be of assistance with me importing to Australia from there.

Richo
Hey Richo,

PM sent …

Welcome to AH!
very interesting to see that the 602 sold at Dorleac & Dorleac probably features the replacement trigger and not the common straight trigger. My `67 602 was delivered with a replacement trigger as well as disassembly tool in a small green cloth bag.

Welcome to AH!
very interesting to see that the 602 sold at Dorleac & Dorleac probably features the replacement trigger and not the common straight trigger. My `67 602 was delivered with a replacement trigger as well as disassembly tool in a small green cloth bag.
Hi AV

When you say "replacement trigger", do you mean the standard curved?

Which do you prefer, straight single set or curved standard trigger?

*Can anyone chime in on whether the green bag with 2nd trigger & tool was an optional extra or standard issue with a new gun?
I'm soon doing two road trips to sit down with old BRNO collectors. I'm sure they'll know all about it.

There must be millions of them lost or thrown out in the rubbish. I buy the curved triggers if they're originals, not the aftermarket new ones getting around. Same as ZKW465 .22H mags. Originals only.

- There is a clever/skilled person in South Africa who makes the ZKW465 mags & possibly curved triggers (I'd have to look that up again). They are in Australia now satisfying a demand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross