Another Airline Announces Decision to Discontinue the Shipment of Hunting Trophies

I stopped using Lufthansa years ago when I was hit with the extra $75.00 fee to ship rifles from JNH and this decision surely will keep me away. I find it amusing that any airline in such a dire financial situation would reject any LEGAL paying cargo.

This is terribly disturbing. They are the first to reject shipment of all trophies and not just specific species are they not? The water gets warmer and we do nothing. Won't be long before others follow suit. This movement is gaining momentum even faster than I thought.

Be prepared lads firearm shipping bans next. Don't kid yourself these anti's are extremists through and through. The bulk of them can't be reasoned with because they don't want to hear it. If we don't fight for our way of life they will take it from us one piece at a time and they won't give up especially now that they can reach a global audience with their emotional nonsense.

They don't have to necessarily take our guns or bullets away. They can just regulate the hell out of us and make it hard to enjoy hunting because of all the red tape you have to go through. I figured this one out a while back. And all the extra regulations cost money and time....which is a big factor in discouraging someone from doing something they like.

A weird juxtaposition.

They ban the transport of legally hunted trophies and yet are happy to transport hunters to Africa to gather them?

A weird juxtaposition.

They ban the transport of legally hunted trophies and yet are happy to transport hunters to Africa to gather them?

yeah can just imagine a new question on the preflight information requirements..."for what purpose are you travelling to your end destination?"...............

And will anyone tell the truth? And will you be refused travel if you declare hunting on the form?

In which case, the potential for lawsuits will rear it's head if a free citizen is refused travel to participate in a legal activity and therefore deny the destination country of business and revenue.

All pie in the sky I know but you can see it happening!

Again where the hell are the pro hunting groups? SCI? NRA? Etc.... I'm getting very turned off to them. They keep asking for money but where are they now?

Cant speak for SCI but the NRA has its hands full just trying to keep the govt from taking our guns away from us here at home, and probably figures to leave the international travel issues to SCI or DSC. Odumbo is at it again, just introduced a bunch more feel good, worthless, proposals for limiting our access to guns! Going so far as to try to redefine what a pistol is too I have read. Not sure what that means but you can be sure it wont be in our favor! If it were not for our Constitution and in particular the Bill of Rights, we would have lost those rights years ago.

You would have to think folks like SSI, Coppersmith, Fauna/Flora are seeing the "trend" in trophy export with commercial airlines. I know if it were me in that business I would be speaking to private companies like cargolux to be one of my major trophy transport companies. And who know maybe these folks are doing just that. I for one would rather pay a little more to have my trophies shipped by air versus ocean.

Just to make sure I was not reading the first email incorrectly I asked for clarification. ( i.e.. Just lions and Rhino being banned)
and got this reply.

"Dear Wayne,

any African trophies are included within this policy regardless of their size. We apologize for any inconvenience this decision may cause.

Best regards
Michael

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Corporate Headquarters: Lufthansa Cargo AG, Frankfurt am Main, Registereintragung / Registration: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 90085
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats / Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Harry Hohmeister
Vorstand / Executive Board: Peter Gerber (Vorsitzender / Chairman), Dr. Alexis von Hoensbroech, Dr. Karl-Rudolf Rupprecht, Dr. Martin Schmitt"

ASSHOLES...I wonder if they have the facts?. or just fold to anti hunting pressure? This is where pro hunting groups and organizations need to show the airlines the truth.

I wonder if the pro-hunting groups are prepared for something like this. They are great at sending out pro-hunting flyers but let's face it the only ones who really read those are hunters.

I don't get the feeling that their current methods are going to be able to combat the level of hatred and ignorance that is tearing down our lifestyle one piece at a time. If they want to help they aer going to have to open their wallets roll up their sleeves and get dirty. Action speeks louder than words.

So far I don't see it and to tell you the truth if I don't see some action soon when my memberships come up for renewal the letters will be getting filed in the shred folder.

I wonder if the pro-hunting groups are prepared for something like this. They are great at sending out pro-hunting flyers but let's face it the only ones who really read those are hunters.

I don't get the feeling that their current methods are going to be able to combat the level of hatred and ignorance that is tearing down our lifestyle one piece at a time. If they want to help they aer going to have to open their wallets roll up their sleeves and get dirty. Action speeks louder than words.

So far I don't see it and to tell you the truth if I don't see some action soon when my memberships come up for renewal the letters will be getting filed in the shred folder.
I agree, and this is what I have been saying. If you don't get the gun manufactures , ammo companies, SCI, DSC, scope manufactures, etc etc etc, our lifestyle will be gone. Our children will NOT know about hunting.

Our children will NOT know about hunting.

This is what I am really worried about. I have been to Africa and I have hunted here. My kidnis just getting started and with all the anti-hunting nonsense she is being bombarded with it is not an easy fight keeping her interested. It is very confusing for her.

My greatest frustration is that we aren't fighting back. I was one of those no social media guys but damnit I learned and I got online because that is where the fight is righg now and it isn't going away. Honestly it has made my relationship with my daughter even stronger.

The kids are the future for our way of life and we are letting the anti's have their way with them by not getting involved. If you aren't using the internet or social media your even in the fight these days. No offense meant with this but for the hour it takes to learn (or even better get your kid/grandkid to teach you how to use it) not being involved for whatever reason is a a pretty lame excuse.

No one really seems to be a voice for hunters. I just don't know what to believe with organizations like SCI. I know they are great for conservation an all, but maybe I m just misinformed. Or at least under informed. There is no public voice for hunters in these times. A lot of companies stand to lose a lot of money if hunting goes away. You would think the would have a pow wow and formulate a public campaign to educate the general public.

There really is so much SCI and DSC, etc. can do. They are not a multi-billion dollar organization. Money talks and BS walks. I have told you nice folks before, only a small percentage of hunters ever hunt Africa. A lot of people out there still believe the media that all animals in Africa are endangered species because them were told so on TV by uneducated, unethical animal rights/anti hunter person.

Does anyone have an idea of what percent of trophies come back via commercial air anyway? Aren't pure cargo planes an option and certainly boat? Just curious.
@robertq do you have an idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
There really is so much SCI and DSC, etc. can do. They are not a multi-billion dollar organization. Money talks and BS walks. I have told you nice folks before, only a small percentage of hunters ever hunt Africa. A lot of people out there still believe the media that all animals in Africa are endangered species because them were told so on TV by uneducated, unethical animal rights/anti hunter person.
My point exactly. We need to go on TV when I say we I mean the folks I mentioned in my post. They have the resources to protect US and THEMSELVES. Blitz the media with pro hunting campaigns, let the people know just how the antis spend the money they solicit. I would bet NO ONE knows how they spend the money that's donated. FORCE the anti's to spend the money for the good of wildlife and not to line there pockets and anti hunting campaigns. Force them to do some good.

Does anyone have an idea of what percent of trophies come back via commercial air anyway? Aren't pure cargo planes an option and certainly boat? Just curious.
@robertq do you have an idea?
That's what I said also...Where are the private cargo companies like cargolux....Let's utilize them and screw these guy's who don't want to transport our legally hunted trophies. And I hear they are a lot cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who could see FedEx or some other international courier jumping all over this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!